Lichen Planus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have LP in my private area.  And now I have a patch appear on my arm!!!  I put on the Dermovate last night and its a little bit better. I am worried now that I will start to get it everywhere!!!  This is so worrying.  I have never skin problems before.  Has anyone had LP on their body where people can see it???

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I had it on my arms during a hot summer and it was weeks before the Doc would give me dermovate. He wanted to make sure that it had finished spreading. In the meantime it drove me potty and the skin suffered from all the scratching. The dermovate settled it in three days!
  • Posted

Hi

Luckily I already have the Dermovate so am using that.  It seems to be helping but if I wear sleeves it gets worse again! And I am working outside so need sleeves and a coat here!

• Posted

After some clear years I had a recurrence caused by the Alendronic Acid affecting my system immunity but this time I've managed to control it without using the steroids by applying Diprobase creme (can get it on NHS) day and night and it's slowly receding. I just have to hope that it doesn't flare up when I quit using the creme (at least another month yet and the skin is already like a baby's bottom).
    • Posted

Forgot to mention that this creme is rubbed in and is dry enough to put on clothes over it within a few minutes. It has a very slight clinical odour but is I don't find it objectionable.
  • Posted

I am afraid I have LP in my private area too, so have to continue to use Dermovate.  I am still using twice daily as, as soon as I reduce it gets a lot worse.  Back to the hospital for review soon!
    • Posted

Feel much sympathy for you, the affliction is bad enough without the addition of not easily being able to attend to it. Sorry, can't help you with that. Good luck with the review.
  • Posted

Well I have just had part of my eyelid operated on as they thought it was a cancer. It was LP. Now it will not heal. I have a spot on my neck and back. It is a stressful disease but my mouth has improved 90 percent
    • Posted

I might mention that I feel like a mess with my eye now having lp
    • Posted

Hi Cheryl

Really sorry to hear about your eye problem.  That is awful.  Is there anything they can do to help it?  My heart goes out to you. Jan x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.