Lichen Planus

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I am new here, it was nice to find this group and notice that I am not alone with this disease.

I have LP in my oral and genital, it is regulary controlled in hospital and somethimes they takes biopsies.  They haven’t ever got confirmation for my disease from biopsies, but several doctors have same opinion, they all agree that I have LP.

I don’t use any medicine in my mouth, but in my vagina I use cortisone. 

Now I am interested in homeopathy, have you try it? Is it only waist of my money? Or did someone got relief?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I only have oral so far. You know peppermint essential oil (drops in water) seems to help me. My doctor prescribed dexamethasone as a mouth rinse as needed but it leaves my throat very dry. 
    • Posted

How do you use the peppermint oil with water, do you just drink it, gargle it, or rub it on the gums? Also what is the dosage, how many drops to how much water? Thanks ~
    • Posted

I put about 6-10 drops in about half cup of water and just swish it around my mouth for about 30 seconds. I keep it by the sink and just do it after I eat something or when I feel like a refresher in my mouth. I do it more when I feel the soreness on my gums. 
  • Posted

Hi,

I have oral & genitalia lichen planus for three years the only thing is helping me with genitalia is coconut oil here how l use it:

First of all after every time I go to bathroom for number 2 try to wash that area with water then put coconut oil down there then fold 3 soft tissues in half then put them between my underwear & me after that i can wear pants or anything i like & never have any issues for one year now.

For oral I always try to keep my mouth clean use coconut oil as well after brushing my teeth use little of coconut oil rub around my gums & inner my cheeks by doing those thing I do not have any issues. Hopefully can help you too.

That does not mean you are going to be free from lichen planus, it is just makes you feel comfortable & not to deal with with any issues that disease can cause.

• Posted

Hi Mary,

Thank you a lot. 

I just started to use coconut oil in my mouth, maybe I will try to the vagina too.

• Posted

Where do you get coconut oil? I don't remember seeing it although I wasn't looking for it either. Also, don't you have to use it after urinating and have it applied in the vaginal area? I'd love to be free from the irritation that comes with vulvar lichen planlus

• Posted

You can get coconut oil in the oil (baking) section in the grocery store. They say the unrefined virgin coconut oil is the best. Smells nice too. 
    • Posted

Thanks for the info. It would be great if it worked confused
  • Posted

I have been diagnosed by oral biopsy. My periodontist originally thought I had "dry mouth," which I do, most likely from LP. I don't know if you need relief from this symptom, but he recommended XyliMelts (made with natural ingredients by OraCoat) work. They're tablets that you stick to your gums at night. They really do work. I don't have pain from my LP, so if you do, I'm not sure that they wouldn't irritate your gums. I just want to pass this on as anyone suffering from dry mouth may find it helpful into. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.