Lichen planus and low white blood cell count

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I have just had the results of some blood tests, liver, kidney, thyroid, B12 , folate and ferritn and a complete blood count. All were ok except they found slightly lowered white blood count in terms of lowered neutrophils. I have to have a retest in 4-6 weeks. Wondered if anybody has anything similar and if it resolved. I have both cutaneous and oral Lichen planus....

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI Anne2427 I always have low white blood cell counts and have ever since diagnosed with autoimmune diseases, 20 years now. I have OLP and LP, Sjogrens and Raynaunds. Because there is a correlation between Sjogrens and Lymphoma and low white cell count I have to see an oncologist once a year to be evaluated. All clear for me as I just had my yearly eval and no signs of cancer but still low white count so idk! One of the many mysteries surrounding autoimmune diseases.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Julie......not sure what to make of mine.....only have LP and GP doesnt seem overly concerned but it is a bit of a worry..

• Posted

Hi Anne,

I had the same thing as well. It went as low as 1.0 and now back at 1.5 over a couple of years. What is your reading and did the doctors suggest anything for improving it? In my case they did not. Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Bob my neutrophil count atm is 1.49......WBC 3.4 I have since seen my usual GP who is not concerned as everything else is ok .......I just wonder if this is my usual count or if it is the LP effect.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.