lichen planus autoimmune problem

Posted , 10 users are following.

doctors really dont know much about lichen planus it is a autoimmune problem and there is not enough research on it ............i would like to know if it can affect you internally since it isdoes effect your mucus membranes .......Has anyone heard of this thxs take care

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

I have lichen planus in my esophagus, as does my sister. So yes, you can have it internally.

• Posted

hi can I ask you what your symptoms are I already have it in the voluva area and I'm sure I have it in the esophagus also I'm waiting to have another scope done

• Posted

if you have this in your mouth can you tell me how it reacts in the mouth. as for me i have it all over my skin and its terrible especially on the back of your legs

• Edited

my esophagus is so inflamed that it spasms and I vomit after eating. I am taking a liquid steroid mixed with powdered sweetener. The paste stays on the lining of the esopagus and supposedly brings down inflammation. I have found that eating very small meals with food cut into tiny pieces to be most helpful. And eating verrrry slowly. LP is also in my mouth, so no no spicy or crunchy foods.

• Edited

I have a very sore esophagus to and I can only eat very pain foods and nothing hard or chunky if I burp it's so painful and I can't drink anything hot or to cold either I have to take A PPI medication to stop any acid coming up but it doesn't always work and it leaves me with really bad buring and stinging in throat and oesophagus for days at a time I'm scared to eat anything other then soft foods does this sound anything like your symptoms I also get the burning and sits feeling on my tongue as well

• Posted

hello

most of my symptoms are a feeling of burning stinging redness of skin like you burned your self somewhat .......some days it feels different than others days...meaning the pain is worse or better... then most days I am tired and sort of feel like i have a mild flu .....i have been like this for about 2 years .....i t seem like i am always exhausted....... take care

• Edited

my esopagus, near the sternum, feels like a golf ball is stuck there after a meal. Very painful cramping My sister's pain is in her throat at the top of her esophagus . Fish is okay, peas and rice too.

• Posted

i havent heard of anything but i do have ls on the back of my legs that really itch

• Posted

I have been dealing with my lichen planus like keratosis for 2 years. Started when I was 50. It started very slowly with a round growing sore on my chest. Then I had them on the back of my hands. Weird thing is it is not in my mouth or my genital areas. I have a mark on one large toe, a sore in my left ear and 3 sores on each forearm. The chest sore I had surgically removed and the ones on my hands finally went away. I had to go on Prednisone to get it under control. It got really bad when I went off prednisone and i had to restart again last year. I finally was able to get off prednisone for good but I had to go off extremely slow doses. I will use the Clobetasol cream only when I have flare ups but it is also a steroid so you have to be careful using it.

Two weeks ago, I went on Immucor which is a supplement that practitioners can prescribe. She also said I should become vegetarian so I did that too. I also am taking 4 Omega XL's a day and I am seeing better results. I feel less flare-up's and my joints are not as in pain either.

i also have been staying away from night shades as much as I possibly can. (Potatoes, Eggplants, All Peppers and Tomatoes). Sucks but I would rather feel better. I had a vodka drink not too long ago and I flared up again. Duh, potatoes are used to make vodka. So I drink tequila instead, made from agave or the aloe vera plant which calms immuno issues.

• Posted

I've had erosive oral lichen planus for 3 years. Long term treatment is Plaquenil. Added cellcept which is keeping it managed. Steroid gel for small mouth sores. This is how Rheumatologists often treat lupus.

• Posted

i have olp and the feeling is that i have a coating in the mouth-- very strange feeling but taste is badly affected-- might be not helped by bad sinus

chrs

Richard

• Posted

This may not be what you're asking about, but I read that one of the side effects of taking Clobestol (steroid ointment) is a sore throat.

• Posted

does anyone get swollen lymph nodes in the neck from OLP? I am having a flare at the moment and i also i have systemic LP but my biggest area of concern is my mouth. it affects my gums and cheeks and tongue somewhat. I also have SLE. Im terrified the enlarged lymph nodes are something sinister so am getting it checked out.

if anyone can share their experience with lymph nodes that would be amazing.

Thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.