Lichen Planus Drug Eruption?? Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

I've been suffering with this condition for over 2 months now.  It first started off as itchy dry scaly spots but now it has covered my whole stomach, upper arms going down to my forearms now, and vaginal area. I was first diagnosed with pityriasis rosea but a biopsy confirmed it as lichenoid dermatitis and possibly caused by  drug eruption due to eosinophils found.  Also through my own research parakeratotic foci are more common in drug eruptions, which were also found in my biopsy.

However, I'm not sure what medication could have caused this.  I was on pantoprozole (proton inhibitor) for a couple of weeks in December but I had stopped taking it and the first signs of rash started appearing in March.  Can the reaction be this delayed even after stopping medication?  Also I have been on levothyroxine for the past 3 years. 

Has anyone experienced lichen planus due to a drug eruption?  What were your symptoms?  I am so desperate for any answers!

Thank you

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have lichen planopilaris which was caused by a flu vaccination and, like you, I dont know which strain in this vaccination caused it and dont know what to do about it
    • Posted

How long have you had it for? And how long after the vaccination did it occur? 

• Posted

Literally within 24 hours. I went out like a light for three weeks with something flu like and then my scalp was burning and itchy and the hair loss started.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.