Lichen planus friendly mouthwash

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have lichen planus in my mouth and use a steroid mouthwash for flare ups. I have poor enamel and have been advised not to over brush. i tend to only brush at night and have tried a range of mouthwashes to use after breakfast but even alcohol free make my mouth sore. I would be very grateful for advice. Many thx DEB

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I use ultra dex mouthwash for OLP is great,

with no flavour.

• Posted

Hi, Deb - I'm not sure where you live, but I use two products which are great. One is a Nimbus (brand name) toothbrush which is extremely soft. You can buy directly from their website I think and also through Amazon. The other product is Natural Dentist Healthy Gums mouthwash. It comes in mint and orange flavor. I use the orange because mint is usually to harsh. Best if luck to you!

• Posted

Thank you, Bev!! Natural Dentist Healthy Gums mouthwash is the first mouthwash that I've tried that hasn't been extremely painful on my gums. I ordered the orange and it is truly soothing and mild. I've tried several that stung so much that I thought I'll just go without mouthwash, but saw your post and thought what the heck I can get it with amazon prime. Truly life changing - again, THANK YOU!

• Posted

I'm so happy to hear that! Not sure if you use a toothpaste you're satisfied with, but I use one that is great. The brand is CloSYS. It's a very mild, non irritating mint toothpaste made for sensitive mouths. I actually buy it at Wal-Mart. Anyway, I'm glad the mouthwash worked out for you!

• Posted

Try making your own, 1tsp bicarb of soda in pint of cooled boiled water. I've had significant surgery following mouth cancer & this was recommended by my consultant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.