Lichen planus, pleaseee help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello. My mom is suffering from lichein planus for the past 3 years its now spreading to her hands and maybe face. She has intense itching. And she is emotionally broken that she considers suicide please help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've had those thoughts but she must fight this and all will be ok there are so many of us on this forum she will get lots of help and advice on diet etc to give her hope keep reading xxxx much love to her

• Posted

Ask her to apply cold compress to relieve the itching temporarily and ask her not to scratch however hard it may be to control that feeling. Please ask your mom to do meditation once the itching subsides. She can apply turmeric paste and leave it for half an hour before washing. You can also try Chinese herbals (merry clinic). I pray hat she gets better soon.
  • Posted

So sorry your Mom is going through this. Please get her to a dermatologist right away. There are many topical and systemic medications available to her that could give her immediate relief. If she is speaking suicide then I suggest you don't leave her alone. Ask a neighbor, friend or relative to be with her when you can't.

Prayers and

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Kaira... sorry to hear of your mum. Let her know that she is not alone and what you can do to make her feel better. If the skin condition is worsened by her stressing... Try to make her calm down (some simple ways like drinking tea, a walk in the park, comedy shows). If not, reducing the itch would be good for her. Pls seek medical help or try some home remedies like aloe vera gel or vitamin E cream. Warm baths may help to. Will pray for her. 
  • Posted

PLease take her to a dermatologist.  There are many meds to help relieve the itching.  I was prescribed Atarax ( it is an antihistamine and very mild tranquilizer). Also she can get topical meds to help. My doctor also suggested those lights used for psoriasis.   You absolutely must get her medical help.  Stay in touch with this forum. It will be a lifeline. Get you mom to join us here.

Take care of yourself

Ellie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.