lichen scelerosus,thyroid ,Breda cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

in  the last 15 months i have been  treated for all of the above,had a masectomy then found out i had a thyroid problem  which i had radioioden treatment ,then dr told me i had Lichen scelerosus.

i have read all the comments and it really frightens me ,at present only using the cloberstone cream it has just flared up again on my vulva and on my anal region.its not something you feel you can tell anyone .i am completly at a low ebb .would appricate any advice please  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My, that's a lot to 'get used to' Yvonne.  I relate - I too had that iodine treatment.  Then a hysterectomy and after that LS.  Plus adrenal gland problems.  But eventually I learned to cope. 

?LS was the hardest one to learn to live with.  It was hard work not to fall into a deep depression.  But this forum helped a lot.  Many other LS sufferers gave various suggestions and support. 

?It is not only globetasol what helps to get LS under control.  I learned there are other things one can do and try, such as diet (mine -  no added sugar, alcohol, no gluten, limited dairy) (to give an example) 

?The best results came from baking soda and borax.  I encourage you to read the thread called: "An Experiment with Borax".  Next to baking soda and borax rinsing and baths, there is the use of coconut oil/emu oil/ jojoba oil and other. 

?It may be very helpful to read various threads on this forum.

?Wishing you well.

• Posted

We care about you. Your not alone. No soap. Find natural cleansing black bars. I use olive oil. Keep moist. Natural. My gynecologist recommended. Lucky itching occurs only seldom. I really don't look anymore, stay busy. will go back for checkup soon. Pray and do your best . love you all. God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.