Lichen Scerlosus at its worst. Skin melting off. Pics incl

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello, my vulva looks and feels like its burning off me.. im in so much pain! (pics incl)image

I've had LS for almost two years but was only visually diagnosed in January this year. i was always misdiagnosed prior. I'm going through a lot with my family because they don't understand what's going on with me and its adding to my stress causing more flare ups. this is the worst my skin has been. i cant walk, stand or sit without feeling pain. I'm 21, i cant work and my family aren't supporting me. i don't know what to do. my flare up, cuts, lesions , patches and tares have been so bad that i haven't even had a biopsy done yet. With the way it feels I'm so afraid it could be cancer. LS has spread all over. I'm so depressed and sad, i don't know what to do and i have tried everything past 5 months. if you have ever had a flare up this bad please let me know. and yes I've tried steroid creams, it makes it worse 😦

list of things i also have tried that dont work for me:

sudocream

vaseline

diprobase

olive oil

cetraben

coconut oil

joboba oil

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I am sorry about your flare up 😦 If I were you I would push for a biopsy. Do you know if you have HPV? I have both LS and HPV. I have had HPV-related lesions, which were white, and for this reason docs thought just by looking that it was LS, which was not. I developed LS later on. The only way to know what each lesion was was through a biopsy. Steroids worsen hpv lesions. i read a lot, and thanks to this I rejected steroids when they said I had LS, which I did not. ask for a biopsy to make sure you have LS. if confirmed, there are other treatments: laser, platelets... in spain i have to go private for this. good luck πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

Hello Kam,

I've had Lichen Sclerosis since 2010 and I'm 80. I've treated it thru the years with Clobetasol . But recently I've been taking a probiotic, one pill daily, "Florajen" must be refrigerated, and the LS has magically disappeared. I've heard that "gut" health has much to do with our overall health and now I am a believer. I will be taking this pill for the rest of my days. It also helps with constipation. I'm so sorry that you are struggling with this at such a young age. I hope this info will help. The Florajen costs about $25 for 30 pills....but worth it's weight in gold. Good luck to you. Jeri

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.