Lichen Schlorosus

Posted , 6 users are following.

have been using dermocvate ointment foir about 10 years but doesn,t seem to help much i have been reading about emu oil is this alright for this condition

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You probably already understand that LS never will go away.  It needs continuous maintenance.  This may require a variety of things:  ointment, diet, other soothing oils.

When you go over the various topics on this LS site you'll perhaps learn some things that works for many.  Next to your ointment, for instance:  baking soda baths and rinses, covering with coconut oil, or yes, emu oil if that's what makes you comfortable and other.

It is a bit of searching, lots of trial, sometimes error,  to find out what works for you.   I'll suggest that you browse the various topics to explore what could perhaps help your specific circumstances.  

Don't hesitate to ask more questions.  We're all her to help and share our findings.

• Posted

Hanny thank you so much it,s good to not feel alone with this. I will try baking soda and get some sort of oil see how i get on but thank you for your reply appreciated. chris
  • Posted

Hi Chris, As Hanny says it doesn't stay away but the dermovate does help to keep it in check and give us some "free time" as I think of it.

Over ten years, me too.  It's a constant battle isn't it? I use emu oil regularly after bathing or washing, use the dermovate about twice a week or whenever needed and vaseline if it gets to being sore as well. I've found that mild itching can go away after soaking in a tepid bath for 10 to 20 minutes sometimes and I always try that if the itching has returned sooner than usual.

Sitting in a sitz bath ( can buy plastic ones online) or spraying after urinating are quite helpful too as our urine is an irritant.

Unfortunately I take diuretics so have to pee often.sad...but yes there times when no matter what you do it gets you and you just have to persevere, try varying your routine or your moisturisers or barriers etc. even stick a small bag of covered up frozen peas between your legs if you get burning ...and tell yourself   "this too shall pass ".

• Posted

Hi Joodie thank you very much for your message it will be helpful do you also find that at night in bed i get so hot and itchy that i find it impossible to sleep which doesn,t help my other half as he gets up at 4am as he is a postie it,s difficult because i read somewhere that constant scratching can lead to cancer i may just have to go back to my gp who to be honest isn,t really that helpful.Anyway onwards and upwards thanks again best wishes Chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.