Lichen sclerosis??!! Someone please help *pictures included

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello im in desperate need of help. I have been experiencing itching and peeling of skin on my clitoris. At first i thought it was residue from my toilet paper however i soon realized it was skin peeling. Just a week ago my clitoris was pink and healthy, now it looks raw, white, and is extremely sensitive. It is only itchy and sensitive on my clitoris and i thought id go away in a day or so but it has not. About to weeks ago i did experience a UTI however that was treated and I am currently on my period so im not sure if that is a factor. i am sexually active and dont wont this to affect my sex life or my daily life because of how uncomfortable it can be. Someone please help! is there over the counter treatment i can use? and will my clitoris ever go back to the way it was?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

have a sitz bath in Epsom salts daily to calm ..no soap or Toilet paper.. use a squirt bottle..I use olive oil to keep moist. everything in moderation. see your gyn have biopsy and treat if positive. how old are you if I may ask?

• Posted

thank you i will be going to a gyno asap. i am 19, does age play a factor in lichen?

• Posted

Hi Olivia, I can totally relate to your freak out. You've been given some great advice so far. In my experience I didn't know anything about LS until I got the diagnosis but had had it for quite a while, I just thought it was thrush. It sounds like you are getting onto this super early so good on you for reaching out. Let us know how you go.

• Posted

thank you for all the advice. Sadly the peeling has gotten worse. Im on vacation at the moment however when i get back home i plan on seeing my gyno asap. Last night I took a warm bath and put olive oil on the area which help greatly however this morning my itching has gotten 10x worse. i will keep you updated. i dont really have pain just severe itching and it is very uncomfortable from the itching.

• Posted

itching cannot a healing sensation..like how a scab itches..epsom salt bath for soothing until you get to doc.

• Posted

my advice would be to get some over the counter hydrocortisone 1/2% it may take the edge off the itching which will drive you crazy if left. LS is not curable, it's an autoimmune disease. But in MOST cases can be kept at bay. I have had it for years and have no return of the itching or white plaques unless I miss the maintenance twice weekly application of steroid ointment or (and this is important to a lot is LS sufferers) I eat sugar laden items. Sugar is to be avoided .You also need to use a barrier cream such as Hydramol which will protect your skin from your urine and keep the skin hydrated.

As someone else stated, you need to all over this as you are so young.

If you are prescribed Dermovate or another steroid do not be afraid to use it. LS is not like other skin conditions it needs to be applied to cover the affected area adequately, not skimpt and should be massaged in for 90 seconds . LS has the effect of thickening the skin so the usual worry 're thinning skin does not usually apply.

Hope all goes well. Good luck

• Posted

hello,

Ive gone to the gyno about 3 days ago. She examined it and suspected it was a yeast infection. i was prescribed fluconazole however it only took away some minor itching. My clitoris and labia do look a little healthier however now i am experiencing odor and tears from the dryness. I have continued to put coconut oil on it which relieved a lot of itching but i just want this to go away completely. my gyno said she would test a culture swab for yeast and other infections however i have not received results back. It also is painful when having sex at the beginning and after. I feel very discouraged ans uncomfortable:(

• Posted

Hey Olivia, thanks for the update. I can relate to feeling discouraged and uncomfortable. That very delicate part of your body needs to go through the healing process so anything that can support it which may include giving it some space from sex. Is it the painful sex that is making you feel discouraged?

Take care,

Suzanne x

• Posted

yes im scared this will affect my relationship however ive discussed with my boyfriend and we both decided to take a break from sex till Im better. this is what happens when i attempt to have sex:( the skin around and below my vagina tears due to dryness and it is very painful.

• Posted

*the very last picture posted was after sex

• Posted

That looks very painful Olivia and would certainly not make sex very pleasant. One of things I remembered about having any kind of uncomfortable or painful feeling in this part of the body was I simply got used to it and kind of blocked it out. It becomes far more difficult to do when getting tears or fissures as it even makes going to the toilet painful, let alone sex. My sexual relationship with my partner was not so great before I had the LS however I recalled that I got thrush all the time while in a sexual relationship with him and I just got used to it. It has made me wonder how it is all connected as I had what I thought was thrush as a little girl but I had been sexually assaulted around that time also and there was one to talk to about how I felt. Feels all related.

• Posted

this was a picture from last night:(image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.