Lichen Sclerosus?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I think I have Lichen Sclerosus. I have researched the symptoms I have and the photos and diagnosis seem to confirm this

Basically I have these small pearl white spots all over my flaps. They appear about a couple of days after shaving and only disappear once I've squeezed them. they're incredibly itchy and when squeezed, a water type substance comes out. the following day they're a little red and the itching has gone, and after about two days, the redness has gone too.

however the condition online says nothing about it happening after shaving. I don't not want to shave, I like a clean area, but having to put up with this all the time is driving me mad.

it's been years and I've still not gone to the doctor. it only happens with a razor, not a battery one, I mean normal one, like a Gillette

any of you have the same problem? can you recommend something for it please?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I believe lichen sclerosis is white patches and not spots that can be squeezed. First of all I wouldn’t squeeze them - you could cause a worse infection or cysts. They sound like simple shaving spots. I know you don’t want to but the best way to avoid them is not to shave. Where are you shaving? You should only shave on the outer skin; the inner, mucus membrane skin is far too delicate.
  • Posted

Hello,

I have Lichen and it does not have anything that you can squeeze out.  I would go to your doctor to see what it could be.

• Posted

It may be coincidence that it happens after shaving.  I recommend taking  photos on your cell phone so you can document it for the doctor.  Treatment consists of strong steroid ointments (not creams), and there's a whole routine for care.  See Andrew Goldstein who specializes in the treatment of lichen sclerosis and lichen planus.  He has many videos free of charge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.