Lichen sclerosus

Posted , 11 users are following.

hi everyone I have just been diagnosed with Ls ! . Took a while but took myself to the local sexual clinic as my dr and nurse kept treating me for thrush !!! Knew it wasn't  !!. I had diagnosed myself from reading the Internet !. Was happy to know finally what was wrong ! But nhs paints a unrealistic picture of it ! From when you start reading the other , real info about it ! About how horrible , painful , disfiguring it can be ! Not to mention ruining your sex life . And the risk of skin cancer !. At first it really freaked me out !. Then I thought right you bug ( as that is how it feels ! Like a bug burying under your skin and making me itch like my hubby does at night before he goes to sleep ! Lol. It found its way in to my body and I am going to make sure I find away to get it out !!. It is all new to me so at the moment I am reading like mad !. I understand that it comes from an unbalanced system ! They say that your gut is your second brain so I am going to start with healing my gut  !. I am taking probiotics , also you need to clean out heavy metals ! That cause your body to be toxic ! So you need rose hip and then L-glutamine to heal leaky gut .  They say skin conditions are a body screaming out , I am toxic !. So heal with diet of unprocessed foods , relaxation ! Cause a big problem to flare up your Ls is stress !!. Also coconut  good for itching and moisturising  !. Please help me with any of your findings ! Till I find out more , love Jackie x

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

it never goes away it always just sits there waitingtwisted
    • Posted

hi Christine , no I do believe it is possible to go away ! But will be a long and difficult task ! I believe from all my research that if you balance and alkaline your body it is impossible for it too survive in your body !. Just will take a while ! But by being patient and positive I will beat it ! Love Jackie x
  • Posted

Hi Jackie, I was diagnosed with LS last night. I only found out what it was through this site and so took myself off to the doc's for confirmation. My last doctors told me there was nothing wrong and like so many, I just put it down to thrush. I've been given a steroid cream and told to wash my undercarriage with double bass cream and water. I've been told that if it doesn't clear up within the three month treatment plan then l will be refered to a gyny. She said I didnt need a biopsy as she could see the white spots. I have arthritis and I'm taking Methotrexate for it. I am 44 and in the u.k. Is this something that heals itself? Has anyone else used similar with good results? It would be lovely to find out a little more and helpful to read how others of you are getting along.

Pam smile x

• Posted

While my mother was taking methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis, she got psoriasis, which she'd never had before, all over her arms. The rheumatologist took her off the drug right away. Only mentioning this because Ive had both psoriasis and LS most of my life (I'm 64). My gynae said the two are 'related'.
    • Posted

Thank you, I will mention this to my rheumatologist on my next visit. I have only noticed it while I've been on the Methotrexate so the two could be related. My next appointment is in May so for now I will take the meds and see how it goes. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again for replying smile x
    • Posted

hi pam , it is hard at the beginning knowing what to do and not to do !. First of all I read up on the condition and it freaked me out , I was so upset !. But then thought I carnt change it ! There are so many more worse things to have !. I will just have to get on with it !. I have had it for a bout 2 years but only had the severe itching for about 6 months !. I was given dermavate , which I have used every day for 6 weeks in the evening . Although I didn't want to go down the steroid route ! I think it is important to get the Ls under control ! So decided I would give it a blast with steroid cream to calm down the itching ! As while you are itching you are causing the skin damage which can cause the clitoris and vagina to fuse ! That was what worried me the most !. I was quite lucky as apart from itching I didn't have any sore patches . So I don't have any skin damage . I have just been back for my 6 week check up and the Dr said the Ls had reversed right back , which was brill . I found though I had a massive argument with my partner and it felt like it had gone back to square one ! So stress is a big trigger for me !. But after a couple of days it all settled back down again . I am now supposed to ween of the steroid cream ! But after reading what other people have said I have decided to try manuka honey 24 as honey has a lot of healing properties !. Will let you know how it goes . Also propolis is good for healing , aloe Vera for itching ! I will try if have no luck ! It's a it of alimination game !. Also diet change , I have been juicing and my white skin has come back pink and normal looking again !. Think you do need to get it into remission though ! Before you try other things as it can get nasty ! Good luck and keep me posted , love JackieJackie
    • Posted

Im thinking a low acid diet when possible and i now take calcium citrate which is supposed to help with how acidic a persons urine is which can caus inflamation etc
  • Posted

Hi Jackie, I find sugar to be a massive problem for me.. if I'm eating well I'm fine but as soon as I overload on chocolate or sweet things I flare up.. then I'm back to using dermavate every day or sometimes twice a day. I use perrins natural cream to combat the itching when really bad and avoid wearing underwear whenever I can.. you sound as though you have got your diet well planned out and wish you luck with it. LS is an awful condition but with correct management can be controlled. Please keep us posted on how you get on - Jo
    • Posted

Hi Joanne thank you for your kind words of support . I am trying but so new to me ! But over Xmas will get my head stuck in to things !. Sugar is a problem for me along with bread . It is an awful condition ! But won't let it get me down !. I have ordered Perrins , what do you think to it ? How long have you had Ls ?. Will keep trying things !. Love JackiesJackies
    • Posted

Hi Jackie I have had LS for just over a year and have struggled to control it to be honest.. I find Perrins really cooling, takes the itching off just messy and can stain but I couldn't be without it. I now use my dermavate around 3 times a week and use perrins or coconut oil on the other days and this seems to work if I eat properly and stay stress free. This is an awful condition but youre right.. don't let it get you down and keep trying different things until you find something that works for you.. I wish you well with everything.. - Jo
    • Posted

aww , bless you  , we will be ok ! Don't let the bugger get you down !. I will post anything else I find and let each other know how we are going on xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.