Lichen sclerosus

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello Everyone

Finally going private.  Leave my house now to see a dermatologist.

I will update on what happens there.  Wish me luck!

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have been prescribed a different steroid but it wont be in chemist till Monday.  I also now have a mouth infection.  I will be visiting my dentist urgently tomorrow!  And, I have just been sick with a stomach upset!  All in all, I am a complete wreck right now.  And looming is my first art show of the year on the 10th March.  I really need to be well!  And I seem to be going from bad to worse to 'worserer'!!!

• Posted

There is a condition that is called lichen planus that affects the mouth. Soreness, white patches or stripes inside the cheeks.lots of women have both planus and sclerosis. Planus is often mistaken for sclerosis. You should maybe mention this to your dentist as you may not have an infection but this condition also. You sound like you are very nervous about your art show. I would be too. Where abouts are you - UK or elsewhere?

• Posted

Hi Chrisy

I live in the UK, Hertfordshire.  What about you?

• Posted

Ah! another artist.....stress is terrible for LS, it is possible you have got yourself stressed out preparing for your show!  

I have been where you are now and it is very stressful, in fact, years ago I started smoking while I was preparing for a show, its difficult.,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.