Lichen Sclerosus

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I am totally depressed!  I was diagnosed with LS about 18 months ago.  And despite using Dermovate I cannot get it under control.  I am now getting ulcers and they have done a biopsy to see what that could be.  I am totally alone,  and with this disease it looks I do not have a chance of ever being with anyone, as sex will be very difficult!  And I want a life, and at the moment I haven't got one it seems!  I don't know what to do, I really don't!  I have a hospital appointment next Wednesday for results.  I am praying they can help me because I cannot go on like this with constant pain!

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I did try the baking soda baths,  They didn't seem to work for me.

I was given a specail bath oil Balneum plus, but I am more a shower person.  I am going to have a bath today with this.  I am moisturising all the time but I am RED RAW at the moment, and this going all the way inside.

I am feeling quite desparate and finding it difficult to work even!

• Posted

Have you tried my suggestion of no creams, no moisturizing and trying to dry out the sore?  I know we are all different but it seems to me, and from my own experience that applying the borax/baking soda on an open sore isn't going to work, i think those things are great for eradicating white plaques of skin, but not for open sores.  I also happen to think that the Clob isnt good for open sores either. When I had an open sore I used Desitan for a couple of days and then went to work in drying it out, and it worked for me.

• Posted

Hi

The sore is inside the vagina so I cannot dry it out!  It is a naturally moist area.  I am also very sore and red in the whole area.  The Balneum plus bath oil seems to have slightly calmed it.  I thank you for replying, and will continue writing here.  Maybe I have LS and LP.  I hopefully will know next week.  I think I probably have an intolerance to fructose though, which is a massive drag for me!  Having to stop or restrict things I like and which are my near only pleasure in life is harsh!  I am definitely sure that stress affects this.  Life isn't easy, that is for sure!  

• Posted

Hi

Maybe I should try your method Guppy.  Where can I buy Desitan?

I just went to the loo and am still very sore.  

• Posted

I looked on internet and cant find Designs in the UK? Where are you?
  • Posted

Hello

I cant get Destitin cream as it isn't easy to get in UK. I would have to order it and that would take time.  Would Sudocrem work?  Help please.

• Posted

Hi, if the sore is inside, then you are right and you can not dry it out, and it could be that you have vaginal lichen planus, I dont know, but its possible and you need to discuss this with your doctor.  For the other sores outside of the Vjay, then try a warm bath with a tiny bit of salt, then make sure you dry the are very well, put on a tiny bit of sudacream, the idea is to get the pain level down a bit for a couple of days and then to try to dry it out.  Drying the sores out takes some work, involving bathing, drying, and avoiding any activity that causes you to perspire.  I have been were you are and its painful, but this routine  worked for me, it might work for you, you can but try.  

I have lots of problems with food, I have multiple chemical sensitivity with multiple food intolerances.  I am gluten, dairy, salicylate, oxalate, histamine, and sulfite/sulphur intolerant.    I can tell you now that onions are high in sulphur, I mention this because I think sometimes you need to keep a food diary for a while if you suspect certain foods are causing you problems and exasperating your LS.

• Posted

Yes Sudo cream would work, but remember less is more, you hardly want to be putting anything on these sores.  The most important part of all this is to make sure the sore area is bone dry before applying a tiny tiny bit of creme.
    • Posted

Is there any tests you can have to confirm

Salicylate, oxalate, histamine, sylvite/sulphur intolerance.

• Posted

Hi Justine, unfortunately, No.  

There are no specific tests you can take to establish problems with these.  The only way forward is to use a food diary which I had to use nearly every day for a long time before I finally realized I was in trouble!  

Tips I can give you are...

Sulfites...they are in foods like raisins and wine.  A quick way to find out if you have problems with sulfites is to eat a handful of raisins, which are full of sulfites and see how you feel afterward, you will know for sure if you have a problem!  Wine is also a problem as it is full of sulfites, many people often feel a bit 'off' after wine and it is the sulfites, red is worse than white.

Salicylates..they are in many fruits and vegetables, and salicylates are my main problem.  I can't eat any fruit and most veggies are off the table.  Salicylate intolerance is tricky to figure out, and involves using a food diary, trying and eliminating foods over a period of time.  Foods like spinach, tomatoes, avocados are very high.

histamines...these are in foods like fish, chocolate, alcohol, eggs, bananas etc, another tricky one to figure out.

Sulphur...is in foods like cabbage, cauliflower, and eggs, again only through using a food diary can you ascertain if you have problems with these foods.

Oxalates...these are in beans, soy milk etc, again only through using a food diary are you able to figure out if you have a problem.

I have Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, with multiple food intolerances and so I am unlucky that I have problems with all of the above.  It is highly unlikely that most people will have the same, although it is possible that they may have intolerances to a couple of the above-mentioned groups especially if they seem super sensitive to many foods, it is therefore important I think to figure out what is going on with your body, because if you continue to eat foods that are stressing your body then that is not good for the Lichen Sclerosus

• Posted

Hi

It all seems very confusing because the gyno said that it is important to moisturise the area.  Now you are saying dry it out?  I was given doublebase dayleve gel for moisturising.  Does anyone use this?  I tried coconut oil and it didn't work for me.

• Posted

Hi, Am I correct in thinking that what your gnyo told you to do is not working for you?  is that correct?  Have you been following his instruction and getting no relief?  if that is the situation then you need to try something different.  
  • Posted

I'm wondering if all the products have caused soreness as we as LS.   Some  moisturisers have a lot of products in them that could cause skin allergy.  I got told not to put much on and I do feel less sore.  The coconut oil I think my skin didn't like.  I agree with Guppy about drying I just carefull dab with clean tissue and then wear no pants, I don't think my skin even liked dermol.  Maybe a tiny bit of Vaseline or sudocrem and just water to wash with.  

• Posted

Your bang on about the products.  I can't use most creams nowadays, they are totally toxic for me, due in part to my many allergies to a lot of things.  I am glad to hear that you understand about the drying idea..keeping an open sore moist is not a good idea in my opinion.  Sometimes when you are are at the point of the sore feeling better, usually, after a few days you can use a little bit of cornflour on your hand to lightly brush over the skin, it keeps things dry longer, and helps, I have used Yucca flour in the past, but never perfumed baby powder as it contains toxins.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.