Lichen sclerosus

Posted , 6 users are following.

has anybody ever been prescribed triamcinolone cream for LS

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I use triamcinolone. I was on betamethasone 5% but it was way to potent for me. My doctor has me on triamcinolone because it's less potent , but keeps the lichen from hurting. I'm still very early in the stages and she recommends this over other steroids. it's safe for everyday use as well.

• Posted

hmmm thank you. I have like 4 tubes. they must have giving it to me when i had first outbreak. you use every night?

• Posted

no i have been using Clobetasol 0.05 percent but would lime to find something else. Been too long on steroid creams

feel better!

• Posted

the best cortizone cream is Dovate. apply every night before bedtime.

use coconut oil daily after each visit to the toilet.

drastic change

• Posted

Dovate is Clobetasol. I think the name depends on the country.

• Posted

what country r u in? I do not know this medication...I use clobestasol and have found much success BUT would like to not be on it (I use twice a week at bedtime)...in regard to discharge I actually think every women has some "discharge" - whether she is 20 - 40 - or 80....terrible but I just think that is an issue for women....

• Posted

I agree with you on the discharge.

I had a hysterectomy in 1999.

Was told I didnt need to have a Pap because of the complete hysterectomy! So stopped a few years after that.

I developed LS from my Thyroid that I never had checked. I have an Auto Immune due to the Thyroid which caused the LS.

It started as we all know in the vagina, mine also showed up on parts of my torso! Many visits to doctors they say the only thing that can help is the Clobatesol which i have been using for years!

• Posted

Yes, Kim, it is a medium strength steroid. I was first prescribed that & hormone cream. I read posts here & wondered why everyone else was using Clobetasol. Asked my gyn who said she preferred to start with medium strength and work our way up if need be. She considered my LS mild & likely to be easily controlled. Unfortunately, I was eventually put on clob because the LS spread.

If the medium level of steroid is working for you you should be happy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.