Lichen Sclerosus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was just diagnosed with Lichen Sclerosus and am very overwhelmed. I have so many questions, but I'll start with asking what everyone uses to wash. I read that you should only use water, but I'm not sure I'll feel clean without using some sort of soap. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I was just diagnosed also. I am overwhelmed. I have a lot of scarring but I don't have the itching. My OBGYN and dermatologist think I dont because of my Otezla for my psorasis. I don't know anyone with this condition and feel so isolated.

• Edited

I just got diagnosed last year and got it under control, going through a flare up now at the moment and its hard to get under control but it will eventually.

It is very overwhelming when you find out first especially that dreaded word 'fusion'. I'm not in the least worried about vulva cancer, its the destruction of the architecture of my vjay and thinking of sex while I have a flare up that causes me the most upset.

I don't shower with anything only water and I wash my hair over a sink as the shampoo and conditioner rinsing off can flow down the the vjay and causes me a reaction. There are a few suggestions I think like cerave etc but I'd stay away from anything supermarket type and stick to those bought in a pharmacy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.