Lichen Sclerosus and Collagen use and benefits

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am wondering about using collegan to cure lichen Sclerosus. Has anyone tried this? I'm in the process of ordering some collegan but I also just ordered some homeopathic cream as well. Will not do cortisone. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Debbee, I was just researching the use of collagen for lichen sclerosus and found your post on the subject.  Did you try it and did it help you?  I've been taking oral collagen suppliments and my chronic dry skin is clearing and softening up and I have noticed a lot less itching in the areas that I have the LS. I haven't been able to find anyone in my area that has LS to compare notes with so was hoping we could discus this.  Thanks for any response!

• Posted

Hi,

I am looking for people with lichen sclerosus to compare notes with and I'd love to connect. I haven't tried collagen yet, and I just found this post.

Feel free to reach out!

• Posted

HI Debbie. I too have LS and have found relief using Emuaidmax . It comes in a 2 oz jar and is applied to the inflamed skin. My GYN (the second I've had) told me that my prescribed steriod cream could actually make LS worse, which helped me understand why it was getting worse. Recently, I bought a bar of medicated soap (shea butter and is called black african soap that I found at Walmart. I use the soap morning and before bedtime, apply the emuaidMax after I dry my skin. It seems to promote healing faster. I'm going to buy a container of collagen protien powder to see if perhaps the regime of all three will give me longer relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.