Lichen sclerosus and flu during exams. Help please!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So I've had LS for just over a year, I'm only 22....I seem to have caught a cold/flu, and am doing all the measures to prevent it getting worse but it's making me flare up!! If someone has any experience with this, and knows a way to calm things down and recover faster or just any tips please please share your thoughts! I have final exams next week and I'm doing a pretty hard masters degree so I need to boost my energy somehow!!!

X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just went through it myself.  Pretty nasty to have LS, flue and exam stress.  I had to use the globetasol extra times, took my usual baking soda baths and sprays; took extra vitamine C. (two times 1000mg per day) Afterwards someone mentioned to use extra vit D, which I already took, but didn't know to up it a bit.  I also took extra lycene to suppress the virus (I normally take one capsule a day, now two) Every little bit helped apparently, and so it took three or four days only to come on top of it again.  Which is a shorter period of time for me than before.

Hope this helps.  

• Posted

Hi i recently saw some reseaarch that showed that beetroot juice boost can your stamina levels after drinking about 50 - 100 mls  before exercise by about 4% immediately  - take it 20 minutes or so before a vigourous work out. However DO NOT try and work out while you have a 'flu bug - or a cold- you will take longer to get back on top.Good luck for your exams and while it is useless to say try not to be stressed cos it is a difficult time for you - i WILL say it - deep breathing exercises  and REAL relaxation of your whole body can be beneficial

Best Wishes

• Posted

Thank you! That's very kind. I will try this when I have recovered. Take care
  • Posted

I FIND WHEN I GET OVERSTRESSED MY LS FLARES UP ALSO WHEN I GET A FLARE UP I GET A COLD SORE BUT I TAKE MASSIVE DOSES OF L-LYSINE TABS IT HELPS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.