Lichen Sclerosus and Group B Strep

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had an appointment this week at the hospital and I am quite sore. The doctor took a swap and looked under the microscope.  She said I definitely had LS and now have Group B Strep.  We discussed anti biotics and decided to try and treat this with douching but now I am worse.  I was a bit better before but I have gone backwards again.  I thought I had LS under control, but alas it is not and what now with GBS I am a disaster! I have been awake all night and on fire.  What is this Emuaid cream people talk about? Can I buy this in the UK?   There is a lot of talk about GBS and it can kill babies, but what about adults???  Can someone pleae try and help me here?  Thanks.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,everything ive read about douching seems to be negative. I think Id re think the antibiotic but ask about takeing a probiotic also as antibiotics kill good bacteria as well.
  • Posted

Do you have an actual infection or just carry the bacteria?
    • Posted

Id read up on it on the net. If i had an infection i would take the antibiotic. There is quite a bit on the net about it.
    • Posted

Hi

I will go back to hospital Monday to get the antibiotics!  I wish I had taken them the other day when they were offered to me!  Now I have to get through the weekend.  I just looked up the doctor I saw and she seems to have all the qualifications.  She did say I had LS and B Strep.  But I was reluctant to take the anti biotics because I will get thrush.  But it has got worse since.  I am so sore inside, not sure if this is LS or B Strep problem.

I have to wait till Monday.  No pain killers touch this!  It's agony!

• Posted

Im so sorry you are in such pain. Maybe if you take the probiotic with the antibiotic you wont get thrush. Seems when a person really needs a doctor its on a weekend. Please keep us posted.
  • Posted

Hi, I read somewhere that if you are taking antibiotics and likely to get thrush you can take a probiotic to protect/replace your good bacteria which can help reduce your risk and natural live yoghurt to protect the area.I think I would drink cranberry juice too if it is allowed with the antibiotics to keep the urinary tract healthy. I wish you all the luck with this. I did this with my last antibiotics and had no problems at all.
  • Posted

So many use natural organic coconut oil on here,ive never used it. Guess they use it internally and externally,i think it is supposed to be antifungel and soothing,you might want to look it up. I dont know though with strep if you should use it or not
    • Posted

It is beneficial both ways. I even use it to wash my mouth when it is sore. Spit it in the rubbish to prevent drain blockage though. Great for lots of things
  • Posted

Hiya

Ive had Group Strep B and it can cause lots of irriation. As far as I know its only deadly to babies. You can try eating shed loads of garlic / garlic tablets/ inserting fresh garlic bulbs (but that can really sting!). Otherwise opt for the antibiotics and get some heavy duty acidophilus (cant spell!), something like 20 billion - get the refridgerated  ones from health shop. If you do get thrush just use the oral tablet, dont use the topical cream / suppository.  Hope you get some relief v soon xxx

• Posted

you can order emuaid online or call in an order. It's amazing and wonderfully helpful. Brings me relief from itching for hours. Very expensive but takes only a tiny amount rubbed into affected skin to bring relief. I'm thinking it may be good for GBS because it has silver citrate in it, which I believe kills bacteria. Thinking that could be helpful for you.
    • Posted

I should have done my homework before commenting on the silver citrate. I started another thread about it hoping someone can help me sort through it. Appears as though the silver isn't as wonderful as I had believed.
  • Posted

I like Emuaid Max. If you go on the official Emuaid site there is a chat button. You can talk to the company rep online and tell her your symptoms and what you have, they will advise if they have had experience and people use Emuaid for your conditions. I found them very helpful and I'm now on my second pot (first one lasted 6 months). I either use Emuaid or extra virgin coconut oil after a bathroom visit, which ever my hand touches first on the shelf! It's been good for me and it works great if you have haemorrhoids too! Look it up. If your in uk you can then order on Amazon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.