lichen sclerosus and hot tubs???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with "lichen sclerosus" about 2 years ago - and have been on a vaginal steroid twice a week and have been doing very well since that time...I was told not to take a lot of salt baths (guessing because it might be too drying)...and wanted to know IF I purchased a hot tub and went into the water twice a week IF that would be damaging??? Thoughts, please...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicki- I was diagnosed with Ls JUNE '18. I purchased an inflateable

Coleman Saluspa hot tub for my summer cottage and only used ALL natural " chemicals", from Clear Water in California. No chlorine, bromide, toxic chemicals. The shock I used was all natural potassium shock. I changed the water after every 40 bathers - basically one time in the summer. No one was allowed in until they showered off their sunscreen . Did not cause a flare or any problems. I would never use a public one since this diagnosis!

• Posted

thank u so very much for your reply...been thinking about it all day - it is "thousands" of dollars to buy and want to make sure before I do because what would I do - just LOOK at it - IF I can't use it...think my best bet is to call my doctor and see what he has to say..enjoy your tub...especially in the colder weather...

• Posted

As dryness is our problem I wouldn't even think of it myself. But if you want to test it before spending the money couldn't you sit in a tub of hot water for an extended period and see what happens?

• Posted

since being diagnosed ive used hot tubs, and have generally found ive been ok to be honest, as its similar to going swimming. the main thing is to keep up your care regime  . x

• Posted

I have so appreciated everyone's help and comments...but think tomorrow I will call my doctors office and discuss with him...I was told NOT to sit long periods in a wet bathing suit and will seek out a natural spa disinfectant ...I do hope it is ok for me to use (maybe twice a week) but want to make sure before I spend thousands OR worse cause any damage to myself...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.