Lichen Sclerosus Diet

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone. I am 19 and have LS for a few years. I managed to get it mostly under control using coconut oil and clob. I have to use dilators regularly to maintain good sex  otherwise things tighten and it's extremely painful. At the moment I have just finished a course of BV and thrush treatment as I seemed to have both and things were very painful and i haven't been able to have sex for a while. 

I'm starting back up on clob daily for a month etc and am going to try integrate dilators into my daily routine to maintain keeping my vagina less tight. However, I have seen many posts about different diets and cutting out various things such as gluten, dairy etc. 

If you have tried any of these could you let me know how they went. Or comment on any suggestions? As I am quite intrigued and tempted to give one of these a go to see the effects. 

Many thanks and I hope everyone is doing well. 

Kasia :-)

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Kasiaj I have found since only drinking alcohol  at week-ends instead of a couple of glasses a night the symptomps have improved for me less burning and a reacurring split appears to be staying healed. I use Vitamin E oil and Coconut oil on the area affected. I take Evening Primrose 1000mg per day as this ehlps with good skin health.
    • Posted

Thanks for your comment Maud. I too find the coconut oil helpful and unfortunately for me I cannot drink alcohol as it always makes me ill- possible allergy. Unfortunate as I'm a uni student but definitely fortunate in the long run haha smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.