Lichen Sclerosus nearly cured

Posted , 33 users are following.

I had a biopsy and it was confirmed I had LS.  I was put on steroid cream and told I would have to be on it for the rest of my life as there was no cure.  Well I knew that wasn't going to be my way of dealing with it.

I did try the cream and it instantly irritated my skin and it went bright red and hurt.  I stopped it within 2 days.

I went to a naturopath.  She put me on 4000 mg of Vitamin D daily and a very expensive and potent type of Acidophilus.  She put me on a STRICT diet which eliminated the foods I knew I was intolerant of.  In my case milk and gluten.  I was not permitted any milk in anything.  No milk or butter added to the bread I ate for example.  Absolutely no gluten or milk at all for a week.  

The LS is retreating and very faint after just 8 days!

The naturopath said that although they don't know what causes the autoimmune reaction to start, they do know that food allergies and a vitamin D deficiency exacerbates the problem.  

7 likes, 86 replies

86 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

My nature path also advised me to take vit D, however, no more than 1000 mg per day.  We have a lot of sun here.  Perhaps that's why.  Or is there something else I don't know?

Already was on gluten and almost milk free diet.  So close.  LS has been calm for a fairly long time now.  Fusing almost gone.  

Will look into acidophilis.  

Thanks.

• Posted

In addition - I realize now that acidophilis is a probiotic kweega, used for people who are food sensitive to milk.  (when I say I'm almost milk free it means that I only eat a small quantity of yoghurt yet)

I use Kefir, a probiotic that also has a lot of vit D in it.  This far I think it has been helpful.  

• Posted

Kweega, great that your LS is retreating. Don't relax though, LS can sit and wait. Keep an eye on yourself always.

I had a blood test to check vit D levels and mine are fine but I still have LS. We are all different and it takes a bit of experimentation to find what suits each of us, helped by the many excellent discussions on here. I also believe that the steroid is your friend. More of a long term relationship possibly.

• Posted

Interesting. I have always been deficit in D . I have recently given up sugar but it's hard because so much has sugar. Even fruit is high. Thanks for the information
  • Posted

I also was diagnosed with LS a few yrs back.

Over the last year I have come to the conclusion that we eat to much animal protein, So I simply started making myself aware of how much animal protein I was eating day in day out, I was shocked! Let's face it, milk, eggs, cheese, meat,  butter.... Is in so so much of everyday foods.

i decided to cut out cows milk (which was hard for me as I LOVE milk) and cut back on everything else especially beef. I am seriously think about going vegan but I love meat too much! wink don't get me wrong I also eat A good variety of veg, I'm not over weight, never smoked, I exercise and consider myself as healthy.

Anyway with in weeks I'd gone from using steroid creams daily to maybe once every 7-10 days now I hardly ever have the need, only after sex but then it's still early days.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has cut out milk?

is there anyone who is vegan who suffers with LS?

just a thought....

• Posted

I have had to cut out most dairy products as well and had to reduce meat.  Only small portions of meat. 
    • Posted

Hi Clare - I was paleo for so long and no symptoms, but when I went vegan I had symptoms from hell. And that’s actually when I was diagnosed.  But The wheat and tofu were my triggers. Everything is an experiment, and everyone is different. Just thought I’d put it out there. I’m paleo again and with very little symptoms. 
  • Posted

OH! Kweega.. I don't know if you still visit this forum, but I just want you to know how you have "saved my life" this last month.  I immediately went out to buy Vitamin D3 and have been taking 2 - 3 chewables a day (5,000IU each) for a few weeks ... BUT the worst of itch was abated within 48 hours!  Many thanks

• Posted

OH! that's cool, Maria - you found my original posting the woman who wrote over 4, oops 2 years ago about vitamin D3 - notice that kweega was told by her naturopath that she needed to cut out milkd products ONLY for one week... it speaks to Guppys comments that we CAN indeed go back to food we love once we've got a handle on the autoimmune deficiency.  I really don't think you'll get  response from kweega she's not responded ever since... cheers,  

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying Nancy!~ I will get vitamin D3 as soon as I can! I started an AIP diet a day ago hahah.
    • Posted

HI AkashS, not yet but they are on the mend and not painful at all. It takes time, but there are women her who've mentioned a clearing after a time. Keep the faith and keep reading and improving your/our food and nutrition status' blessings,

• Posted

what do you mean by on mend , any little improvement ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.