Lichen sclerosus - newly diagnosed - endometrial ablation

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was told I “possibly” had lichen sclerosus a year ago.. never had any symptoms other than whitening of the skin around my bottom.  A couple of months ago I had a routine pap as well as a biopsy due to problematic skin around my bottom, and a consultation for endometrial ablation due to heavy periods.  Biopsy came back positive for lichen sclerosus.  PA initially prescribed clobetosol but my gyno suggested I use testosterone cream because clobetosol can cause thinning of the skin.  

Fast forward to now.. I had the endometrial ablation this past Friday along with D&C and a vulvar lesion excision.  Ive been wearing a pad since Friday “OUCH” and during surgery I tore badly on my perenium “DOUBLE OUCH”.  My skin is so raw and is now covered in red blisters assumingly from the pads.  I’m using an organic brand from target.  What can I use to ease this terrible pain?  

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking pain medication for a start? If not you need to start perhaps on codeine and paracetamol.

Could you cope without a pad some of the time.

Perhaps a soothing cream with anaesthetic in it, I use Vagisil. Regarding the Clob and skin thinning you should watch Prof. Goldstein lecture on a link on this site.

Salt baths worth a try also. Good luck hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I was given Percocet and 800mg Ibuprofen after the procedure.  I was taking them as recommended up until Tuesday.  The Percocet makes me quiet foggy feeling and it also upset my stomach.  I’ve stayed on the Ibuprofen every 8 hours like clockwork.  Also taking a stool softener because the pain meds constipated me and cause a whole other round of pain if you know what I mean.  

I will take a look for the video, thank you.  I’ve been using a peri bottle since the procedure and last night started adding baking soda each time I use the restroom.  

• Posted

Hi JMS,  Nancy here, 72, U.S.  My first site was also the anus. I've been researching this for 5 months and have offered here several lists of nutritional issues that we can solve for this autoimmune disease. (you can click on my name and it will open up the articles I've written on this).  

YOu'll notice as you read here that many people have discover the need for Vitamin D.. and THAT really helped me last december really fast.  AND MAGNESIUM to keep the Vitamin D from causing constipation.

For the topical relief there is a small list of very helpful ones that women here have found useful. CASTOR oil, Coconut oil; I use both.  I find the thicker castor oil works best around the anus and the coconut oil for the labia.

But of course there are set backs. When the pain from going poo got too great I found out about using diaper rash ointment from someone here.  I don't know if it makes a difference but the one that I found at the store that really feels soothing and healing is the A+D brand that includes Zinc along with Dimethicone. I have had open blisters, but not for long... I really worked to get the internal nutritional status improved asap. 

I hope you feel better really soon. 

• Posted

Wonderful, thank you Nancy!  I am 40 and in US as well!  I have been reading about the Vitamin D and Magnesium!  I’ll get those ordered from Amazon smile  thank you for your advice.  
    • Posted

hi gain, JMS ... oh great.. but hope you read the entire list of supplements that have been found to be involved in autoimmune situation.  IF you've already done your order today that's alright, but next month will need ot also include taking vitamin A which balances with D to keep both out of toxicity levels - we need ALOT, 5,000 IIU of D to get this under control , as well we need to have vitamn K in our lsit which I fund out is how needed to to move calcium etc to the bones and wher ethey belong - NOT in our arteries etc... cheers 

• Posted

Nancy- I am 47 and in the USA.  I read what you were saying about needing all these extra supplements to balance everything out. I have been taking Ultra Woman from Vitamin World ( makes my hair grow so fast!) . It has 5,000 Vitamin A,  200 Vitamin C. 2,000 Vitamin D, 30 UI Vitamin E, 80 mcg Vitamin K,  50 mg Thiamin ( B1), Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B- 6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B-12, biotin, Calcium, Iron, Iodine, Pantothenic Acid, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Potassium, Chromium, Manganese, Molybdenium, Vanadium,  2 mg Boron, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Hesperidian Complex,  Uktra Wiman Proprietary blend And Ultra Woman fruit and veggie blend. 

Is it alright to continue this or should I just take the Vitamin D, Vitamin A,  Boron and Magnesium you mentioned? Is there anything in mine that will make my LS worse?? ( newly diagnosed, on day 10)

• Posted

HI Karen! sorry our part of north carolina had an ATT outage for TWO days!  anyway, I went to the UltraWoman website and found the complete label - it's pretty impressive really.   So definitely keep with what's working.  I would add several things though to bring this excellent list up to the amounts needed for dealing with autoimmune issues. 

The D is infact D3 version whish is recommended at it is at the 2,000 IU level which is the newer standard for maintenence doses. But you might want to add another supplement that has more D3 and K2, as well as some more vitamin A so that you get up to 5,000 a day of D3 and A at total between bottles of 15,000. You'll need more magnesium as well, since most of us are all magnesium deficient and ya don't want the D and boron causing constipation.  Personally from what I've read I'd also add a FOLATE supplement - the folic acid in your mix is not gonna hurt you but will not do the job we need it to do. - oh and if you are of child-bearing age.. the synthetic version of folate has now been definitely proven to be detrimental (not remembering the details but read online.) 

OH! smiles and dont' forget 8 glasses of water a day! I'm still only up to making myself take 4 or 5... bu but.... oh, and fermented sauerkraut for our digestion.... cheers, Nancy 

• Posted

Thanks Nancy! They were moderating this for so long I didn’t think it would go through! I will add the ones you mentioned to what I already take! I still get my damn period every 28 days, but a 47 an wayyyyyy past child- bearing! Thanks so much for all of your useful information. 
    • Posted

And I’m a professional singer , so I drink about 6 liters of water everyday to keep my vocal cords moist, so not an issue! 🎶👍🏻??

• Posted

Oh Karen! I'm flabbergasted and amazed! SIX liters of water a day? Please teach us all HOW you manage to accomplish that? 

I've been trying so hard ot get up to TWO... I don't seem to make it past 1+ liters, 4 to 6 cups a day. But I've seen so many article that talk about the healing benefits of water and that we really need about 8 at least.  THANKS! and blessings

• Posted

Water bottle with me at all times, all day, room temp, not cold. I pee alot which was very painful during flare up, but mo pain now. 
  • Posted

I am 13 days diagnosed and do not yet hv a prescription for anything ! Dr is on leave for 6 weeks. I investigated online and found Eumaid and Eumaid maxx homeopathic creams to treat LS. I started them last Friday and my pain went from 12-1 and itching from 10-2. I continue using 5 x a day plus a moisture barrier ointment by Medline everytime I pee ( it is made for diabetics, I am not one, but my Dad was,  and I  found it in his medicine cabinet at our summer house where I am vacationing) . Unlike steroid cream, I can smear as much of it on as I want to be comfortable, I put on a 100% cotton panty liner and I’m good to go. Eumaid is available on their sight or Amazon- with Prime it comes fast! I also eliminated wheat, sugar, most carbs and red wine. I just finished first jar and am doing well. Good luck! 👍🏻👍🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.