Lichen Sclerosus on the increase?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I met a great young woman pharmacist today. I asked her if she'd come across LS and she said - No, she hadn't heard of it. I gave her some details, she wrote the name down and said she'd investigate. She also said that recently she'd noticed a significant increase in prescriptions for LS-type itching. I've noticed an increase in new people coming here for discussions, though that could be due to increased knowledge and better diagnosis. An increase in prescriptions though, would imply an increase in incidents. What do people think?

Also, please talk to your pharmacists. Tell them about LS. They'd be the first port of call for anyone with symptoms. I've found some to be indifferent, but the younger women seem to be more receptive. It just needs a few to get the ball rolling, do a bit of research, ask for CPD and training courses, and we'd be on the way to more recognition...

Ok folks, I'm off all media for the summer. Have a great summer everyone on this forum. Relax (it's good for your health), enjoy your holidays, get a break if you can and see you all in autumn.

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

BofS, That's great news..and I agree we all should be talking about LS. I'm guessing most of us dont as its just awkward but it is important that people know about it and that only happens through letting other people know.

Have a great summer!

• Posted

I have tried talking to people about it just to warn them what to look out for.  They don't want to know and have enough ailments of their own without worrying about ones that they don't have.  I have given up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.