Lichen simplex

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with lichen ive been having a really bad time trying to manage it, the white patches seem to be getting worse. I have severe red patches too. The red patches are sometimes worse than the white patches. My outside lips of vulva on one side look like they have disappeared and also one side of my vulva is bigger than the other luckily i have no fusing that im aware of. I have started to use coconut oil because i think the dermovate was making it worse. Since using dermovate i keep getting really bad fissures everytime i wipe on my bottom and the redness wasnt as bad prior to using the dermovate i dont know if i was using it wrong. I am in my late 20s its starting to get me down now. Will my vagina ever look normal again? I am in a constant cycle between flare ups where i then itch, which i know wont help but i do it during the night and im not aware! Then it gets a little better and before i know it i have a flare up again. it hasnt been this bad for a while im not sure what has caused it to progress worse. If anyone could advise what type of coconut oil to use id really appreciate it. In general any type of advise would help. Thank you

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi

I have also just been diagnosed I'm also fairly young so can relate to your feelings. I probably wont be much help as I'm still trying to control mine also. I read any coconut oil which is 100% organic virgin will work fine. I bought some tonight and I feel its soothed my burning a little with one application. are u in us or uk?

• Posted

Hi, im in the uk. Im just researching as much as i can at the moment i feel like the dermovate worked well and definitely stopped the itching. But i think i was applying wrong as it was causing really bad red patches ive read on here we should rub in for 90secs! Its nice to know there are people in the same position as me lol as much as i wished either of us suffered with it lol! i have a coconut oil but was out of the skincare aisle so i dont think its totally organic ive picked one up now so im hoping i can replace that with the dermovate. Also just a suggestion im really not sure but i changed my contraceptive pill a few months ago and im honestly starting to question if that has caused the flare up if you take too, id take that into consideration. I wish i could help more lol!!!

• Posted

Im alot older than you and i have had this for 5 years. They give me clobe.But when mine gets red i sat in warm water with baking soda and borax . only sat about 10 minutes. Right now i have this really bad got a gyn appointment next week. See what they will give me. mine will clear up for a couple months then all of a sudden its back. i thought maybe i was drinking to many diet sodas. i really hope yours gets better, If not go see your gyn dr again

• Posted

I have worked out what has caused my flare up, i changed my contraceptive pill but i suffer with very heavy periods so i have to know when one is due. I think ive been suffering for a few years too but normally the itchy would last a few days and pass. This has been constant since april now i cant bear the itching it is waking me up in the night. Without me realising i am itching and that makes it 20 times worse. So back to apply the dermovate everyday it is! I keep getting anal fissures now too i think thats since using the coconut oil but it does help the lichen so i dont know what to do lol i hope your gyn gives you something that atleast causes abit of relief! i totally feel for you honestly

• Posted

Thank you about the baking soda i am going to give it a try x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.