Lichens Sclerosis - any new tips or advice?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been dealing with lichens sclerosis for over 30 years (ugh). I am noticing certain fabrics contained in shorts (like polyester) really cause issues. Anyone else?  Any other good new tips for dealing with this scourge?  smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I switched to cotton underwear/briefs.  (Next to that I add borax to my laundry dete)  Over top of the underwear I wear loose fitting shorts and this way I get away with the not so natural fabrics.  It's always a puzzle at the same time, mistakes can easily be made.  Today's world is so full with artificial fabrics.  

• Posted

Hi....just wanted to ask about the borax

Do you put in all your landry or just undies....

I noticed I cannot wear pants 2 days in a row

Txs Girls

• Posted

Hya hun I’ve replaced all underwear for 100% cotton. Can’t wear anything else as it gives a flare up, I also change knickers a few times a day that for sum reason helps me. Everyone’s different hun, just experiment. M&S do a big range. 

• Posted

I only wear  cotton panties. I put a 100% organic cotton ( Rael) in my panties before I goop up 5-6 times a day, and I mostly wear dresses, skirts and loose yoga pants. The seams of pants/ jeans, tailored shorts all intersect in the wrong spot and make everything very warm, which causes some irritation.  I sit  in my car with my legs apart and lwt the AC blow up my skirt and I don’t sit out on my back patio in our 100 degree plus heat. 

Stay cool, stay loose, stay relaxed and all is well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.