Licochalcone for LP skin relief

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has any one heard of licochalcone?

Has anyone tried it to soothe itching?

From what I found licochalconeis is in a few cosmetic products for acne. According to the National Cancer Institute it has, "potential anti-inflammatory, antioxidant...activities." Licochalcone is a molecule contained in licorice root extract which helps control oil production, and is anti-bacterial as well as anti-inflammatory. In short, it helps calm and soothe mucous membranes.

I also found this EUCERIN Sensitive Skin Redness Relief Soothing Night Creme that contains this licochalcone. It's not cheep and not easy to find. I did however track some down at a price of 18$ for a 1.7oz container. This little jar claims to help a whole host of skin issues like dermatitis, dermatitis seborreica, rosacea, eczema and acne. So why not try it right. I'll check back as to the results.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Checking back after 8 days and I have see improvments on the dark pigmentation left behind from the LP.

BENEFITS OF LICORICE

Properties and Uses

The chief constituent is glycyrrhizin which is present in concentrations that range from five to twenty five percent, all of which depends on the variety used.

Anti-inflammatory

Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate has incredible soothing anti-inflammatory properties, this is due to the fact that it mimics cortisol in our body

In one study when it was applied to the skin as a gel, it dramatically reduced symptoms of redness and swelling.

Skin Brightener

Glabridin is the property found in licorice which gives it the reputation as a skin whitening agent. It has an inhibitory effect on melanin synthesis, this is due to its ability to act as a tyrosinase inhibitor, helping to reduce the amount of melanin in the dermal cells

It contains a compound known as liquiritin, an important chemical in the treatment of melasma, a common pigmentation problem in pregnant women.

It is thought to be far more effective than kojic acid and 75 times more effective than ascorbic acid, as a de-pigmenting agent

I like to use this versatile ingredient as a gentle skin brightening ingredient, as it’s kinder or your skin than many other synthetic ingredients.

Antioxidant

It contains glycyrrhiza glabra a powerful antioxidant, glabrene is thought to be as good as or if not better for the skin, than natural vitamin E

Regulates sebum production

A natural compound found in licorice known as Licochalcone, helps to regulate sebum production

Licochalcone also helps to inhibit bacteria on the skin

• Posted

Hi garbear and thanks for the update. I came across your thread searching for scar remedies after being diagnosed and currently being treated for LP. The scaring is horrible and not to mention depressing. I was wondering how you're managing now, have you seen additionL improvements. I'm xonsidering purchasing the Eucerin. Can you please share your experience to date? Thanks

• Posted

Hello angelwalks, yes the Eucerin night cream did help but, as with anything it takes time. I ended up purchasing adout 4 containers after all said and done. I stopped using it about 2-3 months ago. My current situation is that I haven't seen any signs of my LP returning. Other things however have played into my success. Like changes to my diet for example. The Eucerin helped greatly with the scares and would suggest using about 3-4 times a week before bed. If your Interested I could share my diet changes because I do believe our gut health is the main cause of a lot of skin problems. With the over use of antibiotics today kills our gut flora ..let me know if you interested

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.