Lid drops/liquid

Posted , 6 users are following.

An employee at an ophthalmologist office informed me there are drops or liquids for the eyelid. They did not mention a brand name or whether they are over the counter or by prescription. Has anyone tried drops/liquid for the eyelids and do help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

There are several strengths of eyedrops. Is that what you're asking about? In the States most of us use OTC drops. I woukd call back that ophthalmologist's office & ask for some recommendations.

• Posted

I think the replies you are getting are from people who use eye drops for dryness.  But the advice the office employee gave you was probably for a hygiene product, something to cleanse your eyelid to treat blepharitis, which is inflammation of the eyelid margin.  Google blepharitis to see if that applies to you.
    • Posted

I had wondered about the different term. If she calls the doc's office they should clarify exactly what they mean, better than google mis-diagnosis.

• Posted

I was referring to a liquid you put on your eye lids.It is supposed to add moisture to your eye lids.
  • Posted

Hello JJ

I think I know the product to which you are referring.  In Australia it is called 'tearsagain' and it is supposed to "improve the lubrication of the eyes and eyelids".  The instructions are to hold the bottle approx 10 cm from your face and spray onto the closed eye 1-2 times.  I did try this but found it unhelpful.  My aim is much better when I actually put the drops into my eyes and I have been doing this since 1983 so it very easy for me.  I was also somewhat concerned about the liquid washing dust from my eyelids into my eyes as my dryness is in the severe catagory.  For milder conditions it may be OK.  A friend whose eyes felt dry did find it quite good but it turned out that she didn't really have dry eyes, just a feeling of dryness through decades of drops for glaucoma.

Hope this information helps you.

Maureen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.