lidocaine

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have Lichen Sclerosus and have been following discussions on here for a while.  I have read that Lidocaine is a topical aneasthetic and someone on this site, somewhere has used it for treating painful sex.  I have that very same problem and have been to my GP to ask for this in  gel form.  I live in the U.K. and cannot remember what thread I saw it on, only that the person in question was given this as she was diagnosed before her wedding to be used on her honeymoon.  My GP says, she has never heard of the gel or the viscous form.  Again somebody replied and said they'd used the liquid with a cotton wool ball, inserted it into the vagina to numb the area. 

What my GP has requested is, has anybody any information on this product, dosage, strength, how to use it etc., etc.,  I'm at my wits end.  If anybody out there has any information on how I can get my hands on this or pass info to my GP I'd be eternally grateful.  I would just like to have some sort of sex life back.

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My dermatologist have me Lidocaine 5 percent m/m ointment which I use on a very raw patch inside my vagina. I have LS and LP. It stings when you first apply it then wonderful numbness for about 3 hours. If you need the manufacturer I can private message you.
    • Posted

what does this help with?does it go away ever?can you have sex ever again?i have it so so bad.It is so bad it burns when i pee has for past two weeks,dr gave me clob that burns.I just am crying and crying this is horrible.is there any hope?
    • Posted

It takes the pain away for a short amount of time. For me it's maybe an hour? Enough to get relief when I was torn really bad. Now that my LS is under control I haven't had anything as bad as what I experienced before being diagnosed so I haven't had to use it. My husband and I still have sex on a normal basis. As far as I know I have no fusing and I still enjoy sex. I was in so much pain before being diagnosed it was the worst thing I've experienced and it honestly was worse than child birth. I think mostly because it was excruciating and I had no clue why. I itch almost weekly but use a bit of my topical creams and it goes away, and then comes back and goes away. I don't use cream daily, only when I get a slight itch and I have had no tearing. I did have a bad outbreak recently when I was on my period and using tampons. It wasn't as bad as before but the worst I've had since. I switched to pads and will be trying a cup soon. That helped along with treatment. At this moment I feel 100% normal down there but yesterday was irritated.
    • Posted

I don't beleive i will have sex ever again.mine is so bad it burns wnen i pee,i can;t even wipe or clean very well.i'm in terrible pain.the clob stings so so bad.the doctor just gives me clob and sends me home.she should of seen i have a sore.i don't think this is ever going to get better,and the clob just burns that isnt for sores it is for the skin,stupid doctors.I can't live like this much longer it his just to painful to bare.what do i do

• Posted

Go back and ask for Elidel or Protopic. Try something else. Maybe ask for the lidocaine too. Maybe rinse with water after using bathroom and par dry, don't rub. Don't use soap down there or anything with fragrance in that area. I try to leave my panties off as much as possible and loose clothes around the house. Please try to remain hopeful, if possible see a different doctor. Where does it hurt? I'm asking because is it painful because you are torn? That's what happened to me. I was terrified to pee, literally terrified because as soon as that pee hit the tear it was a flipping nightmare. I even got so desperate and tried peeing into a cup to avoid it going on my tears. That's when the proper treatment came into play and the lidocaine. Also I took Atarax which helps with the itching (this is an oral pill) and helped me sleep at night.
    • Posted

I see kind a tear but mostly a small sore,doctor swears it is not a herpies.so i got a sore besides the white patch look from front to back.i do just pat dry.my sis just told me to stop taking baths so i will stop that,so it doesnt irrate it more.is this ever truely going to get better.i have had this for going on 2 weeks.i hate putting clob on it it burns so bad.i don't think that is going to help when i have a sore.should i go see a dermalogist maybe?they wont know anything eitherTthis is horribly painful.
    • Posted

Oh my gosh they tested me for herpes like 5 times!!! They wanted to test me again and I asked if it was possible to test negative this whole time and finally test positive and she said no, but they had no other idea what it could be! I declined yet another heroes test and got a derm referral. The derm is the one that actually helped me. It is worth a shot!!
    • Posted

And once you get a good treatment plan it will get better! Like I said I was in your situation and now things have been so much better! Slightly itchy here and there but some elidel and it goes away!
    • Posted

not sure if the dr is going to give me elidel,looks like its for exzema so just not sure they will give it to me.i dont think anyone care what i'm going through.so do i try dermalogist?they arent going to look down there,they dont know female stuff like that.Will i ever be able to have sex again if i want it in the future?i wont ever meet a guy that will be understanding with this,so i'm sure i will never have sex again.i'm sure sex life is over
    • Posted

Try to find a doctor that is willing to help you. Like I said it took me multiple doctors before one actually knew, and it was a regular dermatologist. Try them! Even if they can't help at least you tried! And please keep trying to find a doctor that does know or will at least look it up and help you.

You will be able to have sex again as long as everything is under control. I had horrible tears but haven't torn since I got on a good treatment plan. My husband doesn't understand this, heck you could say none of us really understand it! But he helps anyway he can and understands when I say it's not a good time. Things are also back to a normal color so unless the person knows you couldn't tell by looking at it on me right now. Not to mention women in general all look different down there anyway so a guy may assume it's the norm for you.

• Posted

You have a great husband,but no man will ever want to get together with me knowing we wont be able to have sex when ever he wants.i always attract the men that want sex.well i know i will never have a man.i Just know this.well i guess for now i use the clob tell i can see a dr.again.this is frustrating. plus if i have to see a dermalogist it will cost out of pocket,and then i know they won't help me.i have cheap medicare insurance thats why i don't get the help i need.I am one of the woman that will probably never get this under control,cause these drs just dont care.I just have to keep trying some how
    • Posted

Nannylin, I replied to your post.  Thank you.  I do need the manufacturere etc., you said you would privated message me but you haven't replied to my message
    • Posted

Hi I have sent you a private message hope it's all you need to get help, if not let me know x
    • Posted

Non chlorine toilet paper helps. I wrap it around my fingers, soft side out and blot, don't rub. you can pee into it to a degree. 7th generation TP?

Emu oil helps a lot. Coptis for a big flare up. It stains. Last time Coptis worked when Clobetasol didn't. Long skirts in winter. Maybe loose pants would work for you.

• Posted

Whilst it is not cheap, you can also buy in Boots or lloyds pharmacy the gel form. I asked my GP for a prescription to include 3 tubes which they arranged due to small tube.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.