Lies about wet ones

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just to let people know that there is a bunch of users on this site that have real looking profiles that are falsly claming wet ones cure blepharitis

It seems to be some kind of promotional scheme

Look into the profiles of people who get defensive about this post. It will get interesting the more you uncover

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jake, I am a real person using wet ones with great sucess, I bless Lynda79 for posting and I definitely am not part of any scheme!
  • Edited

Hey Jake.

I don't know if it's a scam but the Wet ones haven't worked for me, so it's definitely not a cure. Still looking for something to helo me with my blepharitis.

• Edited

jake I see that your condition is frustrating you. I can relate because I am suffering from the same thing, However think about what you're saying here. Do you really think a company would promote Wet Ones here just so they can sell say about 50 more? Or even a 100. It's ridiculous. Wet ones as a company wouldn't have the audacity to promote something to use near the eyes where the packaging clearly says it should not be used there. Not for a few hundred dollars.

Benzalkonium chloride is a well known antiseptic. Wet Ones work for people who are not allergic to them and who have staphylococcous blepharitis which is not complicated with a secondary dry eye. You can be allergic to benzalkonium chloride directly or to other ingredients in the wipes. I'm allergic to both. BZK is a perservative. If you're allergic to it you're inflammation gets worse resulting in drier eyes resulting in more bacteria.

You could also have seborrheic blepharitis or demodex blepharitis which is another reason why wet ones would not work. If you're in the US you can try Avenova. It's a new product from Novabay containing 0.01% hypochlorous acid which kills 99.99% of bacteria in less then a minute. There's a lot of hype going on about it. 

• Posted

I agree that Wet Ones should not be used. Every type states on the pack not to use on the eyes and if contact with the eyes is made to rinse thoroughly with water. The  warning is there for a good reason.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.