Life

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone please tell me how to take my life back from from this horrid disease. It has completely taken over I had to cancel a weekend away with my husband because I could get off the toilet. It's really getting me down I can't even make arrangements to visit family incase I need the toilet x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,it's horrible I know because I've been through it.I went to Mauritius with it and got quite used to using public toilets all the time ,eventually I turned every thing around by eating plenty of soluble fiber,taking a probiotic ,taking fybogel and an Imodium when needed as prescribed by my doctor and drinking plenty of water ,it takes time so you have to be patient.

• Posted

Dr gave me fibregel but haven't taken it yet I am going to start in the morning and see how I get on he also gave me Imodium I have had to take that a couple of times I have albran on a morning and drink plenty of water. I am hoping to see a couple of friends a week on Saturday so I must sort myself out

• Posted

Take the Fybogel once a day to start with then if needed take it twice a day,I find if I take a whole Imodium it bungs me up so I open it up and take half out  and put it back together and take it that way.Remeber to drink plenty of water.Hope you feel better soon.😊

• Posted

I started it this morning so see how I get on do you still take a probiotic with fibregel x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.