life after a hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i had my hysterectomy 14 weeks a go and i feel i am going backwards in getting well , have others still felt stomach pains and chornic back ache after this long .im scared i done some damaged to my self by doing too much too soon . i went bck to work after nine weeks because i felt really good then but now i feel rotton all the time and my stomach is still swollen .Iwould be greatfull for any feed back before i go back to dr.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sandra, Sorry you're feeling crappy. Physically, I was pretty good after 8 weeks. I definitely didn't have stomach or back pains. (Emotionally, I was a wreck: that wouldn't clear up until around week 16). Why not just make an appointment to speak to your consultant and make sure everything is okay? I'm pretty sure he'll be able to put your mind at rest and make recommendations if you need to do anything differently. In the mean time, eat well: stay away from processed foods and eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Light exercise and plenty of sleep. 
  • Posted

I had my surgery on May 9th, not sure how many weeks that is, but around a month and half after, I felt really good, which lasted only a few weeks and now, I often overdo it and have stomach pains. It's been discouraging at times, but I'm thinking it's probably happening more often with other woman and not a cause for concern, unless the pain wouldn't go away when taking it easy. I don't have a job, but am very active at home.
  • Posted

Hi Sandra I had my op done in December and I suffer with chronic back pain also I'm constantly taking pain killers and getting deep heat applied.  I've asked my gp about it and she said its muscular but I'm not convinced going to go back for second opinion.  
  • Posted

Hi i no the feeling chick im 4 mnth post op and feel awfull how are you feeling mow xx
    • Posted

Hi im very sorry to here your not feeling too good but u are not alone

i understand how you feel i feel my inner self is out of control and put this down to our hormones in over drive . I had  very large fibroyds and other issues  im sure it will get better but maybe u should  see your dr . pls reply if i can help in an way

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.