Life after Gabpapentin?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been completely off Gabapentin for 3 months now. My eyes aren't the same yet and also dealing with insomnia but the worst feeling is the demons in my head. I have such negative and very harsh feelings since  starting this drug and continuing all during withdrawal and still now after being off this long. I have never had such mean thoughts in my life. I wake up in the middle of the nite and the mean thoughts start immediately. Has anyone felt this during WD and after being off of this terriable drug?  Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I did.ive been off since end of November last year

It was march /April when it finally left me.

Never again will I go back on this horrible drug if it's the last one on this planet.I'd sooner suffer the horrendous pain I endured at the time.

It will go believe me,just bear with it.Good luck, you're doing well

• Posted

Yes, WD can last months, or sadly even longer for some people. We all vary, it may be tied to the dosage and length of time on the drug, but some people react very badly to their first low dose and withdrawal from it. Generally, at 6 months the symptoms should be much better. Anger, as is depression are common WD symptoms, For some of us, we get a bit more calm and less anxious. I'm one of those, as is someone else I know. Her husband said she was MUCH nicer on gab! Insomnia is common too. Just try and keep working thru it and accept it's happening. If you've ever considered therapy, now's a good time to start. A good, compassionate therapist can help you sort this out, but you may have to do some educating about the drug.

You mention your eyes, do you mean blurrieness or jerking? How did you taper. Some people do it took quickly and the problems last longer. I take 4-8 weeks to drop 100 mg and I seem to have an easier time than some. There may be no connection, maybe I'm just luckier. Yes, I DO have increased pain, fatigue, confusion, memory loss etc. etc. etc. but not the horrible rage, insomnia or pain some do.

• Posted

I too am off Gaba 3 mnths now. I do feel so much better. My eyes are not 100 percent yet.

Marie

• Posted

Hi Kathy I am still weaning off of this wicked medicine.I am down to 200 mg a day and the anxiety is off and on but the anger issues OMG! I literally told my daughter that I disowned her over the stupidist thing.And i know its from the medicine.And Im trying to tell her that and Im working to get her trust again.And I am sooo angry at this medicine! Hopefully in a few months Ill feel better.Take care of yourself!😁

• Posted

Hi Mary Im so sorry you have so much pain and also that you had to go back on Gaba. Iv been off since May 2018 and so happy. I see a Chiropracter twice a month and its been helping with my pain. I just started a workout program because of the 40 plus pounds I gained while on Gaba. I still have a little anxiety but Im working on that as well. I wish you luck and good health. Take care, Kathy

• Posted

I wanted to kill myself it was horrible. back on it now still feel weak.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.