Life after Gamma Knife

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had gamma knife radiation for a tumor and my TN (at the same time). I know it may take months for the trigeminal nerve to respond to the treatment but has anyone experienced this transition and could give me an idea of what to expect when things start to respond?

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had mvd in 2009. At James Cook Hospital in Middlesborough. Not had atwinge since.
  • Posted

I had gamma knife two years ago and now I have TN. The only person who helps me is my PCM. As I had a actake in his office. I have seen three neuro. The tell me to look for triggers and put me on meds. I donot smile, drive,or remember a lot of things anymore. I am hopeing that someone can help me. Is there some kind of treatment for this that I can take to my PCM?
  • Posted

ALOHA from Hawaii,

I was was happy to find this discussion,bc my situation sounds like yours.

I have a tumor by the left side of my brain stem/ looks like it's attached to the outside lining of my brain,and I have TN, that's very likely caused from the tumor/ maybe pressing on the TN nerve. 

I have an appointment for Gamma Knife in Hawaii Nov. 7th. and did visit the Mayo clinic/ long story.

I am TERRIFIED that having Gamma Knife for the tumor,will activate INSANE pain in my face.

I don't get the impression that they are treating me for both at the same time. 

I was told it's different amount of radiation,and can't be treated at the same time. 

Anyway, I d love to hear more about yr experience during,and know how you are doing now/ how long it took for you to be pain free,or ok/ what you take for the pain?

I'm on lyrica,and live in Hawaii,so the weather,and lyrica has helped.

i couldn't eat or speak before the lyrica started kicking in. 

I PRAY to be OK again real soon! 

And I HOPE a and PRAY all of you are! 

MAHALO KINDLY for yr time,and reply 😊????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.