life changing shoulder replacement ----- NOT !

Posted , 3 users are following.

I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS VALUABLE INFORMATION TO ANYONE THAT NEEDS A REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE AND HAS BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU CAN'T CONTINUE TO BE AS ACTIVE AS YOU ONCE WERE.

i was told by a very reputable ortho that my shoulders need to be replaced( eaten up with arthritis), but since i'm 54 and considered too young because these shoulder replacements only last for 10-15 years and i'm too active. i own and operate an auto repair shop and i was going to the gym 5 days a week so i would wear it out in approx. 10 years. so i was told to deal with the pain or stop doing what i do for a living and i would never be able to go back to the gym. NOT ACCEPTABLE !

i went home devastated and started to search the internet for a better solution and i found one. in short i found an older fella with the same issues i was having (unable to change the radio station in your car and can't remove your wallet from your rear pocket). this man trains the BROWNS,PATRIOTS and the SEAHAWKS in the weight room. the doctor i found is a little ways from me , but he is knowledgable with installing these "hemi caps". anyway, whenever i can finally get some sleep and finish healing,(surgery was 6 weeks ago) i will be able to go back into the gym and lift normally as well as still being able to run my business. I CERTAINLY HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO NOT BE LIVING IT.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.