Life feels unreal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello!

Before reading this please concider that english is not my native language and I'm only 14 years old.

I came to this site because I'm afraid to talk about this with anyone and I desperately need help.

I don't want to talk about things that are not important so I will just cut to the chase.

So , recently I have this wierd feeling that my life is not real , that this is all some sort of fake simulation, it is hard to describe it but I will give a short resume of how it all started.

It all started 3-5 days ago when my friend asked me if I want to play a game with him ,name of the game is "Guild Wars 2".

At 1st game was fun but later I had that feeling that I am "spatially limited".

After that, a weird idea came to my mind that everything is fake, people , stuff , everything ,that I am alone in this "simulation" , being watched by something.

I sometimes get some sort of anxiety attack or so , I'm getting more and more scared as day goes , for an example , in the morning I feel relief but during the night or late afternnon I get scared and confused , I've seen few topics on other forums and what I saw scared me even more , there is posibility that I might have schizophrenia, as far as I know no member of my family had history of mental sickness.

Other things that might effect:

Lack of sleep:I ussually can't fall asleep , I just think about random stuff.

Being a bit hypochondrisch [Sad] I honestly don't know how this would help but I put it here anyways).

Overthinking everything:As I said before , I just can't stop thinking about stuff, not for a single second.

I'm usually unsocial being.

Other important facts that might help

That weird feeling usually goes away if I don't think about it but comes soon after.

I feel suicidal from the moment that feeling came.

P.S.

I again apologies for my bad english.

I will be greatfull for every reply I get.

And last but not least

If you can post links of other usefull stuff and topics that might help.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi your English seems fine the way you word things are better than mine and I'm English and 33 year old.

From what you say it sounds like your in the movie inception this may sound daft but in the movie his wife couldn't tell reality from real life in the movie it explains what diagnosis she has I don't remember it been scitsophrinia (I can't spell hopefully you know what I mean)

But scitso as they call it I'm sure that's having 2 personalities ain't that different to living in a false reality.

I'm no doctor but I'd recommend you go see 1

• Posted

Thank you for your help.

I have checked it and it scared me a little bit , a lot of people killed themselves  beacuse of that illnessand it is closely related to schizophrenia which scares me even more, and when I write down scitzophrenia in the search bar it shows me schizophrenia as a result which is pretty scare to be honest.

And thank you again for your help. 

• Posted

I know someone who was very close to me the mother of an ex girlfriend she had schizophrenia she was an amazing person totally normal until she wouldn't take her medication she was stubborn sometimes and couldn't get into her head that she feels great cos of the medication she seemed to think she was cured so then stopped taking her tablets and wasn't a very nice experience when Meds wasn't taken.

Eventually family intervened and supported her made sure took them and life for her went on great.

Don't be scared cos there will always be help

Be strong admit you need help don't be like my life's a wreck cos I shut people out

• Posted

Thank you for your  reply and for your advise , I will talk with someone and hopefully will get better.
  • Posted

Hi sorry your struggling being so young you really should see a therapist or doctor im 32 ive had mental health issues since 15 don't wait so long to get help. What you describe sounds like ocd google" ocd existence fears " and see if you can relate but I

Not a dr so cant diagnosis you i do however have ocd and what describe if very familiar. Good luck and get your self professional help mental illness has a bad habit of hanging around.

• Posted

Greetings! Thank you for your compassion and your help , I've checked the term you proposed me to and I can definitely relate to many things I've seen there. I can't thank you enough for that request. I hope we wil have chance to talk again but hopefully not under these  circumstances adn good bye , for now,
    • Posted

Yes get medical help. I particularly reacted to your comment about suicide. I had that trouble recently and it was very scary. I did get help and I am currently on pills and therapy. I am now in good shape and SAFE. If the suicide thoughts get strong phone or get someone to take you to A&E immediately. 

With my best wishes.

PS congratulations on you splendid English.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.