Life has got to be better than this!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

Totally fed up, frustrated, angry and annoyed but not down if that makes sense. At 8 weeks 2 days now.

Fed up of flu. Fed up of pain (another reason for depression), not being able to cry etc. Fed up of depression. Fed up with sleep deprivation. Just think things are improving and then the high and mighty, whoever he is, with a sick sense of humour puts the boot in again.

I know you've all heard it before and i know one day it will get better. Some days are reasonable but the last couple have felt like death warmed up. Can't be arsed to do anything in the evening. All my old interests have gone out the window. Haven't watched telly for 3 weeks. This isn't right. Memory lasts 2 nano seconds. Getting up for work is a real struggle. Should be used to it by now....but?

Mega offloading session on counsellor tomorrow methinks.

Ggggrrrrr and aaarrrrrrggghhhh. :x sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Meganpooch,

Please please go back to your doctor and kick him/her up the A**e. I think you should be better than you are at this stage.You need to disscuss this with your counsellor and take advise.

Again MP dont beat yourself up it's the bloody depression playing tricks again.

GO TO YOUR DOCTOR AND EXPLAIN

• Posted

Hi MP

we are both on at the same stage and you know what i kinda feel the same as you...

i thought i would be feeling alot better after 8 weeks on flu but im not really i dont think??

Iv just been put on 40mg so im hoping in a couple of weeks to feel alot better.

Ru on 20 or 40mg i cant remember what you said? At least you have the chance to speak to someone tomorrow and i hope it helps you babe and that you have a better day

we are all with you ok

chin up

thinking of you

Nicki xx

• Posted

Hey MP,

I tried sending you a PM but for some reason the site crashed on me!!

Im gutted ur feeling like this, i was hoping week 8 would be a good one for ya as it was certainly one of the up turns for me....i can relate to the inability to cry as i watched a sad documentary last night and wanted to cry so much but couldnt.....Flu intervention me thinks.

You should def take Chalkies advice and go give ur doc a kicking...might be time to move up to 40mg's amigo. But like Nikki says, at least you have someone professional to off load to - its one of the greatest helps in the battle with this damn depression!!

Were all here for ya buddy and glad ya spoke your mind, better out than in.

Speak soon

• Posted

Hi MP

How'd it go today with the counsellor and how are you feeling?

Sam x

• Posted

How are you feeling now MP?

I have been away from the site for a few days.

NC

• Posted

Hi NC

Thanks for asking. I've PM'd everyone else who replied.

Not great. Sometimes feel things are too personal for general consumption.

I am lost. Hard to explain but what with the suppression of all emotions with flu, feel like i have no direction. I have nothing of my old personality except my sense of humour. Everything else is the opposite. Placid before, now uptight. Patient b4 now short tempered etc.

No interest in hobbies, tv etc. Just existing and i'm sick of it.

Counselling is helping slowly but so many unresolved issues.

Will see doc next Thurs to talk through options - hopefully an increase in dosage. Feel like 20mg of flu is only scratching the surface and need a bigger boost.

Well that's enough about me, Hows you?

Thanks for thinking of me. xx :?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.