Life insurance

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys I have Addison's disease can anybody suggest a good company that will insure me please

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Chris, presumably your AD is fully medicated (hormones replaced), you really should not have any probs getting insurance. You have to declare it of course [never give them wiggle room] but the extra charge won't be significant. It's not like you have something serious  ;-)

• Posted

My "something serious" was a bit flippant. What I meant was your condition is under control and isn't likely to present the insurer with some big event in the reasonably foreseeably future. That is not the case with cancer, a heart condition, diabetes, high blood pressure - that's where they really add a loading.  As Walter said, contact a few companies to see what they need to know. But be optimistic not pessimistic.

• Posted

I used to sell life assurance for 25 years. You can either go to an independent financial adviser who might charge you or you can email as many life assurance companies as you want, but they will almost certainly require a full medical history and a medical examination. What is certain is that premiums will be loaded and will vary enormously. It may be worth considering depending on your age life assurance for the over 50's that don't ask medical questions but are generally poor value. The answer is "suck it and see"

• Posted

Hi Chis,

Try Eurotunnel's 'Le Shuttle' insurance underwritten by Allianz. They do not require to know any previous medical conditions. They only stipulate that you are not travelling against your doctor's advise and that you do not have a terminal prognosis.

Give them a phone call on 03457 353535. I think you will be pleased. 

I have adrenal insufficiency and have had thyroid cancer. I got insurance for myuself and my wife for a week for £35.20!

Other insurance companies ranged from £370 to £685! They are having a laugh.

Good luck.Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Cyril  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.