Life is miserable need help plz

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello every one i am 30 years old man facing problem fromlast few years heartescape beat chest heaviness lot f gas and also burping..i try to use lot of medicine but no thing help...my heart escape beat is fine now but burps and belhcing with lot of gas makes my life terrible......yesterday night i wake up at 2:30 am and my heart stop beating bcoz of lot of gas and i am also burping.....for a while i manage then i think i am dieing and i am thinking to call for ambulance bcoz i think i have heart attack but i manage for one hours and after that i sleep again...my mind is relax bcoz i am takinf anxiety tablets....propnolol 10 mg 3 times a day and lexapro 10 mg one tab night time plus acid tablet at night....test i havs done till now 17 ecgs all of them clear except one which ahow slow heart beat like a pause but after that doc do holter ecg for 24 hours which shows 99% result normal....echo done twice normal....complete body blood tests urine test chest x ray stool test

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for the half msg i have also done colonscopy clear i have done ultra sounds clear no thing show any thing wrong i have lot of gas and one thing more i dont have gall bladder done surgery in2010..any one plz suggest what csn i do for the gas problem i am tired of it currently i am in japan helpplz
    • Posted

I have the ectopic beats too . Especially when I have eaten too much. Scared the hell out of me for years , had all checks done and doctors would not find anything wrong with me which didn't help with my fear. I used to get pains right across my chest as well which I now think was just anxiety . What I did find was our vagus nerve controls our digestion and heart rate and that might have been the reason I only got it on a full stomach . Sorry I can't be of any help with regarding a cure but you are not alone . I still get it now and again but If I don't stuff myself I can control it .

• Posted

Unlucky63610 - as you don't have gallbladder maybe you have slower digestive (mainly fats as bile which is normally stored in gallbladder helps braking fats) maybe you would benefit from taking some enzymes to help speeding up food moving. Also something to reduce gas but I am sorry but can't help with what 😳

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear that you are unwell 😔 I got similar thing, and I been recently diagnosed with Sliding Hiatus Hernia (stomach is getting to esophegus) and relaxed les (reflux ) also got bile reflux in stomach. I am waiting for more test to find out what is caused all that but i think it can be something to do with vagus nerve. It all started after I had laparoscopic surgery. I do have chest pain and heart palpitations a lot as well as pain in the stomach and lots of gassing, constipation, pain in the top of the neck (left side) spreading to head and temple. I am on Amitripline now and it does help a bit with pain but I am feeling very drowsy and even more constipated (taking Laxatives but not helping much). Anyone got any advice on how to manage this condition (something to help speeding diagestion and reduce gas) please as GP seams useless 😳😬

• Posted

Hey Nicoletta,

Do you mind telling me what your symptoms are? I won't have symptoms for days but I ate spicy food at the weekend and the reflux is so sour and awful. I get bloating, nausea about an hour after eating, burping loads, gassy noises in my throat, acid reflux, tight throat when it's bad. When the nausea is bad I get quite sweaty and shaky. I'm noticing it's worse when I'm due my period. I can honestly time now that once every 4 weeks I'll be a sweaty mess at unpredictable times. I'm so tired and miss what my life was like before this. I'm only 30 and the digestive issues are so disconcerting. Omeprazole helped me with the tight throat, which was my predominant symptom for weeks when this all started after a course of antibiotics, but nausea etc set in after. I try not to panic but when the symptoms come on I get a bit messy and just feel like on bad days I'm not living my life anymoresad I hope you get a way to manage it, hernias can cause loads of issues!

• Posted

Hey mj 😏

I feel very sorry for you I got all the same symptoms you have listed plus very sore throat mainly in the morning, bitter together with acidic taste in my mouth, overproduction or saliva (all from reflux) stingy/burning pain on the left from belly button. Left upper abdominal pain - cramps. My belly which used to be flat is like 5 months pregnant and feels like if I ate balloons filled up with gas and stones. Horrible nausea worst when in the car. My bowel habits changed from every day to every 4,5 sometimes even 6days. Chest pain on left and heart palpitations (after waking up and few times during the day too). Also I suffer from this pain on the back of my head left side from over two years, had MRI and nothing showed, been told it is cervicogenic headache from C2, acupuncture helped a bit. As well now after laparoscopy I do get pain in shoulders. I am extremely tired and don't enjoy my life because of all this is ruined it. 😩Take care all and stay strong 💪

• Posted

Hey Nicoletta,

That sounds absolutely awful that you've been through all this, and I relate to a lot of it. When did your bloating start? Did you get it before you took medication, or do you take anything like omeprazole which may contribute to the bloating? We can't win. I don't get any of the pain but I have had heart symptoms. I wake up quite nervous in the morning. Any time I manage to calm this down I'll start getting symptomatic in the morning again so I'm full of dread and panic at how bad things might get. Initially, my worst symptoms were also my throat in the morning like you said. It must be from lying down at night. But propping yourself up with pillows doesn't help, especially if you've got pain coming from your cervical spine.

I find when my stomach is irritated I get a really fevered sleep, which is something else I've not had to deal with for weeks but it reared its ugly head last night. I also lose my appetite when I'm really bloated or gassy, it's almost like there's no room for food in this horrible, inflamed belly of mine. I'm thin but also look pregnant, but because I'm thin people tell me not to worry. I can tell you the minute I start bloating the anxiety follows. I think anxiety and gut issues are really linked and for me the gut issues trigger anxiety, not the other way around. I had a great week last week and am a nervous ball of tension today because I was so gassy yesterday (and it hurts and makes you feel sick, it's not just like trapped wind).

I'm glad acupuncture helps you! Have you tried it for the hernia or gerd? Have they offered you meds or an operation for your hernia? My cousin had one and she suffered a long time with nausea. They say nausea isn't a typical sign of a hernia but I beg to differ after knowing people who struggle with one!

How were you diagnosed? I wish I was brave enough to go for an endoscopy. I'm meant to be going for one but then got a lot better and my DR said I was ok and not a red flag case. I put on a lot of weight again and things calmed down, but they've started up since I came off omeprazole. He said I could be on it long term but I want to find out what the root cause of my severe indigestion is. It puts me on edge so much. I'm not as bad as I was yesterday but I'm so distracted and am finding it hard to think of anything else other than the dread of these symptoms returning week after week.

I also feel like I don't enjoy my life as much as I used to. I can't always plan to see friends since when I do and I'm nauseous I'm very distracted and jittery, and they pick up on that. I can't plan meals out with people since I'm only happy and comfortable eating 50% of the time. And the symptoms come on so suddenly. I just got gassy out the blue late yesterday morning and then it became difficult to eat for the rest of the day. I absolutely hate it. The part of my stomach in the middle is most affected by this which makes me aware it is reflux but your mind wanders to some dark places, and I do wonder if I'll ever feel better now. How old are you? I'm 30 and feel like this has taken over my year. I turned 30 and it all went down hill and I certainly don't feel healthy or young anymore, or able to start a family if I can't even eat properly! Hope you find relief! x

• Posted

Hello mj

Thank you for your message, it is surprising how talking to others helps ??

I am 33 and slim (apart of this bloody bloated belly 😔wink, my problems started about 6 months ago after having laparoscopy to remove ovarian cyst. (Apart of this pain on the back of my head this I got about two years now and still don't know what it is 😩wink.Since then I am fighting with it and with doctors trying to find out what is wrong. First GP suspected ulcers or reflux and put me on Lansoprazol, Laxido and Gaviscon. It didn't helped so they increased the dose still nothing then changed to Omaprazole plus got Fiber again nothing.over time I think my symptoms like heart palpitations (in the morning worse too) gone worse and sore throat. I stopped taking Omaprazole and Gavison as didn't thought it was helping. 4 months it took to finally be referred for Gastroscopy- it really isn't that bad! Ask for sedation as it helps both you and the doctor. I was panicking a bit but would have it done 100 times more if needed seriously go for it.It took less than 10min and I can hardly remember it as had sedation. Now I know I have hernia and reflux but still need to find out what has caused it and why I am blotted and gassy. Need abdominal MRI or CT to see intestines and colon. I think that during the laparoscopy they damaged something there, maybe nerve. I got this sharp shooting burning stinging pain on the left side of the belly button which sounds like nerve type of pain. I started taking Amitripline about week ago and it does help a bit with pains but not with being blotted, constipated and gassy, so now will try domperidone to help with emptying the stomach and need something to get rid of gas.

I can't wait to get full diagnosis as this not knowing is worst.

For hernia they suggested surgery but I am scared of it as if something goes wrong again (had couple of other surgeries last year-bunion and tonsils and both they messed up...but this is other story).

All the best for all of you who struggle with this, it is taking away all the joy of life and only we understand it...

• Posted

Just to add to your question regarding hernia no I didn't try anything for it, dr asked if I wanted surgery and I said I want to first find what caused it. He didn't suggested any medicine or anything for now 😳 Nausea is definitely symptom of hiatus hernia and reflux as part of the stomach is sliding up to the esophagus and making you sick.

Do you know what your cousin had for hernia?

• Posted

Hey guys thanks for your replies till now i am a live thank God but still have lot of gas which makes me uncomfortable and chest in left side is heavy....well i forget to tell i have also done endoscopy which didnot show any thing........still feel very sad this makes my life a hell i know i am not alone but it hurts alot when i see other people that they are so happy and every time some thing running in my mind that may b this is the last day of me i know every one have to die but a misreable life like me its to embrassing try lot of medicine omeprazole- lansoprazole...esmoprazole ---famotodine and many many more no thing helps+++++++ i have done check up from more then 25 docs all of them thinks i am pschyo family members think i am pschyco but they didnot know when i have shortness of breathe and feel like thats it its time to die they didnot feel it its look like hell....i have a small daughter of 6 months so sad didnit enjoy my life well though the anxiety medicine helps but gas and burps are still destroying my life hope we all will figure it out
    • Posted

I'm so sorry you're feeling like this, and that your family aren't being supportive. I have had to explain to people that it's not "just" indigestion. When I get bad indigestion I can't eat properly, and when I do I have to force it down. I was eating well for weeks and it came back 2 days ago and it's just so disappointing. It's also terrifying. You wonder why your body is suddenly not working. I'm relieved for you that your endoscopy was clear but sorry you've not had answers. Try looking into Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) - my symptoms fit best with that and I'm trying to get tested to confirm what it is. I really don't think I can go through an endoscopy unless it's a last resort since I suffer from terrible OCD related to health anxiety. I did counselling and cognitive behaviour therapy for these issues 3 months ago and even though I am more relaxed, I am still more anxious than I was before this started, and can't help sometimes wonder what is really wrong with me, especially when symptoms are severe. It's not constructive to go down that road mentally. I hope you find something to help you!

• Posted

Thanks my for your reply.. The condition we have now it open the way to health anxiety its related to it I know few people more they are same like us and also have an anxiety------i have also anxiety feel scared my anxiety started since from when I am facing heart escape beats etc etc....I Am currently using propnolol 10 my three times a day and lexapro 10 mg once from last 4 months no doubt it help alot for me till now though I have anxiety now but it's not like before

• Posted

Hi ,

I read all u posted And my heart bleeds ....I feel so sorry and I pray to God to heal u,I have reflux too ,and what I do is I eat little and often and more water..And also this tea is working Wonder it's called licorice tea,if u can find it in AUS it will be good for u ,look for the one without caffeine..I take it and it works..I pray u will get well and see ur baby grow old in Jesus name Amen...Am African from Dubai...And eat ur dinner at least 3-4 hours before u go to bed..Try to raise ur pillow also..in ur free time ,go for walk ,make it a routine,refrain from all kinds of dairy products,and alcohol and and caffeinated beverages...U can try to get also orange flavoured carbonated mineral water ...Take it daily it works too....Much love

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.