LIFE LONG SLEEP ANXIETY RUINING MY LIFE!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'm 19 years old and have always struggled with sleep. I would beg my mom and older sister to sleep on their bedroom floors as a child as being in a room with someone was the only way to get sleep. Sometimes it would be nightmares, which I usually get when a room is pitch black or very dark. But the main issue was falling asleep. I can be up for hours if not all night trying to force myself to sleep. Some worrys of mine are mainly people breaking in. Others are ANY noises in the house. And even though i know its just the floor boards settleing and such, it can keep me up for hours in fear. Some sounds make my heart race and my head dizzy. Sometimes i need to get up and check the house in order to feel safe again. My house has never been broken into may I add. There are other worries too about the noises such as fires and such. I also tend to ovethink and worry when I start to fall asleep. Over the years, it has got to the point where i have to have the curtains open when i sleep, a night light on at all times, sleep facing the light, and the door tightly shut. If i do not have all these, I will NOT sleep. Its simply taking over my life and my relationship. Staying in a room with someone usually makes things okay and i wouldnt need to extra lights, curtains open etc... however now, if i stay in a dark room even with my partner, i will wake up almost crying from a nightmare. Im constant on edge all night. I have tried anxiety/depression pills, behavioral theorapy, councilling and nothing so far have seemed to work! I have considered sleeping pills but am trying to stay clear! Im running out of ideas and need some help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.