Ligaments ankle surgery recovery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys i really need to rant!!!

I had surgey on oct 26th 2 weeks in a cast then 4 weeks in a moon boot (currently in now getting it off in a few day's) ive been to physio they said ive not to go bk to work for another 6/7 weeks as i have not much movement & my job is physical.

I was pretty much alone during my recovery & had to rely on my neibour with the shower situation. I was that alone i ended up not well (very runed down) & now my partner is working over xmas & im pretty much going to be alone the whole time.

Hes just suprised me with a flight back to scotland for xmas so i have help from my family & i wont be alone i am so happy! He also spoke to my boss (the owner) he was fine about it (but i dont trust him as he is two faced & i think he has been talking about me to my work colleague) she is not happy about this as i am still off sick, ive been receiving texts constantly off her asking when i am coming back & why i am going on holiday i honestly feel harassed.

Am i wrong to be going back home while being off sick its not a holiday as i still need to go to physio when i am back! I just feel super stressed!

Thanks jules

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Well it's hardly a holiday! It's not like you're going tramping , skiing or the like. You're going to get help you need to aid your recovery.

Is this lady your boss? If not, don't answer her.

Wear compression socks and ask Dr for Blood Clot protection.

I feel your pain. I'm 14 months post break. Little help. What I wouldn't have done to have family. It's support and someone to take care of you.

All the best.

• Posted

Exactly thats what my fiancé explained to my boss which he was fine about.

No shes not my boss we're like joint managers so i dont need to answer to her! Ive stoped replying. I'm 29 years off age & all i want is my mum to look after me 😂

Ive got an app to see my surgeon 1 day before i fly to get socs & medication. Thanks for the advise 👍

• Posted

Your colleague is probably feeling overworked.

And then heard you are going home for the holidays while she is working all alone.

You and I both understand your side. I know just what it is like to be alone trying to get on.

I feel compassion for you and I feel compassion for your colleague.

No doubt about it, your boss is talking. That is who I would be aggravated with.

• Posted

I have been thinking that & if i was in her shoes i would be upset to but she shouldnt have been texing me all the time 😔 . Yep he definitely is talking.

Thanks 👍

• Posted

Hi Jules

I'm so sorry you're having all this hassle and stress when you least need it. You have enough on your plate!

My feeling is that your boyfriend is fabulous in arranging a flight home and calling your boss to update her.

Your boss should not be bombarding you with texts, this is tantamount to harassment. She knows the score and should accept it.

Maybe it would be wise to email her to clarify matters and ask that she doesn't keep texting you whilst you are off sick unless it is to do with a work-related matter (ie. work, not you having to justify yourself). This would start a paper trail which, if it goes further, she cannot deny. 

Good luck with your recovery and have a wonderful time in Scotland. You deserve a lovely Christmas.

Ali 

• Posted

I know my fiancé is the best ever! Still cant believe it! I have asked them both to stop texting me & if it happens again thats what i will do, i dont need any more stress at the moment! Thank you so much 😊

• Posted

I had the same sx on the the same day I was in a cast until 2 days ago non weight bearing the whole time. I am in a lace up brace and starting PT Monday I am on crutches but my ankle is killing me and it is not from being stiff. I am 44, so a bit older than most of you I guess. I have been off work since June 5th 2016, I am hoping I still have a job to go back to I have been giving updates and dr releases but have not heard from them. I am numb on the top of my foot and sensitive to the touch over the base of my 5th metatarsal. Visiting family during the holidays injured or not is not unusual, thats why things are handicapped accessible. dont worry what they think some people just have to be negative or they are not happy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.