Light at last......

Posted , 6 users are following.

So week 9 for me (8 @ 20mg 1 @ 30mg). No side effects from upping dose smile well I actually feel O.K dare I say happy? its like a cloud has lifted, so much so that I have started working again as of last week. I hope this isn't going to come back and bite me, but I actually feel positive again, I hope this is my "sweet spot" @ 30mg. I would hate to go back to feeling as I did 12 weeks ago (it took me 3 weeks to go to the Dr). Actually feel (80%) like me again and laugh and smile and skng along to the radio.

To all the newbies starting out on this dreadful journey, please be patient, take each day as it comes, take it slowly and NEVER give up hope, you will eventually get to where I and many others are now, come on here for support and advice and awake each day knowing that you are getting closer to being 'you' again.

R.A.S.C

(Remember Always Someone Cares)

XOXO

6 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Always good to hear a positive post

It gives encouragement and belief

That things can work out

Well done long may it continue

• Posted

Thanku Daz.....

Its helps knowing people care and we are not alone during our 'journey'

smile

• Posted

Fabulous news! It can take forever but when you start to feel well again its just wonderful. Yes all those just starting out it can be hell but one way or another you can get back to be you, give it time.

Take care n stay happy

Vix

• Posted

Hiya Alex.

So nice to read a positive story!

I'm taking 20mg of fluoxetine. About 7 weeks after starting flu I started to feel better like I was my Normal self again. A week or so later I crashed right back down to where I was before Xmas and still taking flu. Is this normal or does my dose need to go up? I can't even describe how I feel it's horrible. All I want is to be back to normal again

• Posted

Hi Gemma

Sorry to hear this. Only you and.your prescriber can decide whether your.dose needs to be increased but for me I felt sort of better but still had underlying anxiety/low moods I didn't want to go up to 40mg and discussed with my Dr about going up to 30mg which we did and although its only been a couple.of weeks on this increased dose I do.feel a lot better than I.did on 20mg I felt it just wasn't high enough. Please go.and see you Dr and discuss maybe try going up to 30mg?

Don't just accept this is it, you know you better than anyone else.

• Posted

Such an encouragement...I am on flu 20mg....day 19...I wonder will I successfully cure myself and finally be old me again...I feel so unstable....one minute up and one minute so down....It's a hell of a journey....Did you feel the same in the first 2-3 weeks?
    • Posted

Hi Alex

Yes I felt exactly the same as you it wasn't a very nice space to be in. You are well on your way at 19 days and as others have said as well, you start to have a good hour or so then a few good hours then a few good days with the odd not so good one thrown in.

Hopefully within a couple.more weeks you will feel a difference but patience is the key, this is a slow working med but remember it will be worth it in the end and you too will see your light smile

Hang in there and take each day as it comes. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.