Light brown stools

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a liver transplant in 2012 and had complications after that. My bile duct was narrow and had gone through reconnection of it, PTC, and ERCP to fix it. I had regular ERCP procedures for a few years, and had the stent removed in my bile duct only recently last year in July. I find that with or without the stent, my stools range from light brown to dark brown, which I'm not sure if light brown is a healthy colour... my GGT levels are always out of range, from about 200 to 400. ( I was born with bilary atresia) so are light brown stools normal? sometimes it goes back to a healthy dark brown , but sometimes it is light brown. I am quite worried.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you have already been through alot. i hope you can speak to your doctor about this, to ease your mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.