Light burning sensation in groin skin fold

Posted , 7 users are following.

Last month I had a rash in my groin skin fold. Altough there was no itch I assumed it was some kind of fungal infection and treated it will lamasil. It healed up pretty quickly and I guess it's caused by excessive sweating although I haven't been doing anything overly active and am not at all overweight. 

It didn't itch at all but there is now a light burning sensation that has been there for a few weeks post healing. I also seem to have some pudendal nerve issues as I sit for work quite a few hours a day I seem to feel the golf ball feeling in my perineum. I'd read that this could be caused by damage to the nerve from an HSV infection. I had a few other symptoms a couple of night sweats and a burning feeling on the scrotum (same side) but that looked to me like a couple of inflamed hair follicules.

With all the anxiety with everything you read online I decided to have a private Igg blood test done at 7 months since last sexual contact and the results have come back negative for both HSV I and II.

Is this burning sensation likely to still be a fungal infection although the skin is healed. Its just a really annoying feeling.

I've added a picture, maybe someone with medical experience can confirm it's a fungal infection or something else.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It does not seem to be fungal infection. Fungals are yellowish-brownish or darker in color. 

Possibly, it be more likely to be some other infectious condition, will be known after some infectious disease consultations or test.

• Posted

Got my IgG blood test results taken at 20+ weeks and they read

HERPES SIMPLEX ANTIBODIES .

H.S.V. I (IgG) 0.451 Index

H.S.V. II (IgG) <0.500 Index

COMMENT : No serological evidence of

HSV Type I & II Infection in this specimen.

Negative : <0.9 Index

Equivocal: 0.9 - 1.1 Index

Positive : >1.1 Index

I know that these tests have are reasonably accurate, they say 97% but obviously there are false negatives in tests

I been tested for everything else HIV,clamydia the others and all negative

I know I should just accept the test result, but does anyone with medical knowledge looking at this rash and considering the other symptoms (ie burning sensations) think this is HSV1

• Posted

I would conclude that these tests are reasonaby accurate, unless you have more symptoms like painful urination, lesions on genitals etc. 
    • Posted

No I haven't had any painful urination although I'm convinced I go more frequently lately. Had no lesions on genitals, although I'm sure the shaft is generally redder in places since last sexual contact 7 months ago. I have noticed some tenderness but thats probably because I'm checking all over the area all the time.

• Posted

Hi Do you still have the same concerns you have discribed or have they cleared up?  I have experienced similiar symptoms for the past 5 months. I thought they where clearing but they have returned.  
  • Posted

Have you made any progress on this issue?   It sounds very similar to what I’ve been dealing with and I can’t get any answers or relief. 

Thank you.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.