Light Colored Stools Caused by Milk & White Rice?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since many of you may know that I am suffering from severe upper stomach pain (mostly on left) caused by antibiotics months ago, pain is always there and has not left me. Because of pain I cant eat much and lost a lot of weight. My blood tests, ultrasound, MRCP were normal, so the cause is still undiagnosed. I am only living on white rice some boiled/cooked vegs and milk. I have noticed my stools are very light colored after starting this diet, I am aware what one eats effect their stool color but can anyone confirm eating white rice and milk causes light colored stools?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I haven’t heard of milk amd white rice causing light coloured stools.  However, since this is your staple diet at the moment, and you are eating  little else, this may affect your stool colour.
  • Posted

Human,

It’s amazing how much our stories are the same. I am still passing very oily fatty floating stools even with dietary changes.  I finally was able to convince the doctor to conduct a MRCP which I am in the process of getting through insurance.  I can’t remember, but did they conduct a stool test on you to see if you have CDiff? Noticed any yellowish mucus in your stools? 

• Posted

when pain started at first I think I had something that felt like mucus or something, but never had it regularly. Right now bowel movements are normal and I dont know whether I have mucus in stool or not, they look normal to me apart from color. About CDiff I never had diarrhea not even when I was using antibiotics, stools were soft at that time but never had diarrhea and C.Diff almost always cause diarrhea? My only symptom is severe pain in upper stomach (mostly left) and loss of appetite.
    • Posted

I always heard light colored stools could be your liver have u had enzines checked?U would know if mucous was in your stools u are usually crampy and will look like strings or clumps you may blow from your nose just stay on top of all the different testing till u find the problem
  • Posted

With my doctor, I do research and then suggest tests.  So far nothing has showed up from any tests.  As far as I know, light coloured stool indicates lack of bile.  Bile is produced in your liver and if you have your gallbladder, it is stored in your gb until you eat a meal.  It's then released as needed into your small intestine.  You are likely full of intestinal yeast from the antibiotic.  Often doctors are now telling patients to take a good quality probiotic when they are on an antibiotic to prevent the yeast overgrowth.  Since you are done the antibiotic, I'd get on a strong probiotic.  In Canada, I took Renew Life Ultimate Flora - 100 billion potency - 1 capsule am and pm after meals for 2 full bottles.  And ask your doctor to check your your liver and gb function.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, thank you for inquiring on my post about my abdomen lipoma. Just to let you know that mucus and phlegm where a big problem with me, starting pretty much after 1987 accident. Since the surgery it has big time subsided. I'm thinking my spitting is out of habit now but it is nothing at all how every morning my coughing and gagging on mucus and/or phlegm was so horrible I would vomit.

?I do believe their is a special cat scan that can detect these lipoma's  (fatty tissue) but it has to be ordered a specific way.  Nothing worse than feeling ill and yet being told nothing is wrong.  I feel for you.

Sincerely, Julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.