Light headed

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking aldendronic acid tablets since October this week I have started to feel light headed - could this be the acid tablets?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It is possible. People report all kinds of side effects. My sister got sick on it and went off it. 

You could take a break to see if it relieves the light headedness. 

I have had to test one of my pills that way. Talk to your doctor as well.

• Posted

Are you also taking calcium supplements? I got light headed ness and feeling jet-lagged when I started alendrinuc acid, but those symptoms stopped when I stopped the calcium pills.

Much later I realised I had both peptic ulcers and depression from the alendronic, but stopping the calcium cleared up the woozy feeling in a couple of days.

• Posted

Hi Lois, not taking calcium tablets think I will stop them and check that way thanks for your response
    • Posted

Be careful.  AA interferes with calcium absorption also.  Ironic as AA is supposed to help your bones!
    • Posted

Hi Aghaga, oh lord not sure whether it's worth changing to a different medication !?

• Posted

Nope.  i imagine every med comes with its own suite of problems.  The devil you know, etc, etc.
  • Posted

All the rage here in Australia and they keep running out as it has caught on so well and that is Vitamin K 2 which is supposed to be extremely beneficial for bone health.

Do lots of research and read everything on Patient about osteoporosis.

• Posted

Hi Kathleen thank you for your positive response! I will start researching..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.