Light headed feeling feels like being high

Posted , 5 users are following.

Time to time I get this feeling of being light headed and it feels as if I'm high and nothing's real. I'm completely sane I'm not going crazy or anything. But it feels like I'm on a drug or something. I have anxiety problems. Any clue on what this can be?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

You named it. These are quite common anxiety symptoms. Have you been to a doctor about this?
    • Posted

No I haven't I was going to I thought I was getting better but sometimes it just comes back.

• Posted

Anxiety will do that. Some things trigger stress and off we go. It will help you to have an actual diagnosis, Bacc.

You will probably get a lot of replies here from some wonderful, caring people...all in the same boat to some degree. I suggest you scroll through other anxiety discussions in this forum. You will learn a lot, including things you can do to help yourself.

Most people find that having confirmation of what they are dealing with helps a great deal. You will get a lot of support here. Do check other anxiety discussions, Honey

• Posted

Thank you very much I appreciate it. I also hear voices I guess you can say. It's not like I'm hearing someone speak to me like if they were in the same room, but In my head. Sometimes the voice sounds nasty and sometimes it's calming. For example it will tell me not to go to the doctor to seek help. Also I think about a bad situation that happened months ago and I can't seem to let go of it it's all I can think about. I've had a couple panic attacks where my heart beings to race and my thoughts are everywhere literally feels like I'm dying.

• Posted

The inner voice seems to be fairy common, also. Have you considered therapy of some sort?  I still think an actual diagnosis will be good for you. A psychiatrist is another option. They will see anxiety quite quickly, and be able to prescribe meds if needed for awhile. I'm off to bed soon, gut the group from the UK will be coming on line soon.

We care and are glad you have come here, darlin'.wink

• Posted

I'll definitely take it into consideration, thank you again very helpful have a good rest!

• Posted

well said cia I love this group because everyone is genuine and because we are going through the same thing we understand each other 
    • Posted

We certainly do, Sue. I'm off to bed now with my cup of chamomile tea. Great sedative.wink

• Posted

oh it certainly is cia i would advocate it to any one who cant sleep, sleep well 
  • Posted

I get this sometimes and only this morning I have felt like that I got up looked at my dog and my cat and felt I was still dreaming and they wernt real its hard to explain 
  • Posted

Hey, its callsed derealization, a very common symptom of anxiety. I struggle with but it took me weeks to fully understand what was going on. When i learned that its your body's way of protecting you i was very much relieved.

• Posted

anxiety can make you light headed and panicky. As to the reality bit that is bordering on psychosis but if you say you are OK then go with it. Hope things settle down soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.