Light-headedness, tightness in chest, but cardiologist told me my heart is healthy...suggestions?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a few experiences now, spanning the last few years, where I'll be doing nothing strenuous and a weird sensation will suddenly hit me.  I feel a slight tightness in my chest, I feel a little flush through my arms and legs, and I'll feel a little light-headed.

Every time this has happened, I'll typically go to an ER, though once I went to PrimaCare, and they've never found anything wrong.

This last time, I was referred to a cardiologist for a follow-up and he also coud find nothing wrong.  My calcium screening was zero.

As I write this, I'm feeling these sensations again.  They started at 11 am yesterday but I don't want to go through the hassle of expense of an ER visit when they just shake their heads and send me home.

Has anybody else experienced something like this?  It's really frustrating, because with anything chest-related they automatically tell you to go to the ER.

Also, I don't think this is a panic attack because I had no feelings of anxiety with any of the occurences.  And they typically last for hours before going away.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Have almost the same symptoms except chest pain Preety much is there all the time . done 2 ekgs both normal and a c reactive protien test which came back low risk . its def become an anoyence I've been told it could be gerd but most likely anxity . doing a stress test at end of month to fully rule out heart . its the not knowing that sucks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.