Light pinkish brown spotting and late period, kind of worried i’m pregnant.

Posted , 2 users are following.

hihi 😃 for background, i'm a teen, and have been seeing my partner for about a year now. were kind of sexually active, about the normal amount i think. its always consensual and protected, and as someone with a massive fear of teen pregnancy i make sure of it every time we have sex. i dont take hormonal contraception (if thats what its called, im unsure), we just use condoms. im in the process of asking my parents if and how to start taking the hormonal stuff so i can avoid stuff like this.

im worried as my period is a little late. its not too bad, just under a week. i havent been tracking it for long, but from my memory ive had pretty regular periods starting at the beginning of the month.

today i thought it finally decided to show up. i had what i thought was slight period pain in the morning, and because i generally get really bad period pain i took nurofen for it before it started getting bad. it ended up not worsening at all. shortly after i noticed light brown and pink spotting when i went to the bathroom, and its been consistently spotting throughout the day, sometimes a bit of a darker brown. generally i get this at the end of my period or for like an hour before my period starts, all the dry yuck leftover blood and all, but i guess not this time.

ive expressed my concern to my partner, whos made sure to reassure me itll be okay even in the very rare case i am pregnant, but its stressing me out. i also know that stress can be another deciding factor in a late period, too, but thats hard because i am literally the most nervous person i know. is it just that? im kind of stuck. should i take a test? ive never been in a relationship with someone assigned the opposite sex at birth, and never had to deal with this stuff. i have no idea how id bring it up to my parents so they could help. if theres anything anyone could tell me id be grateful forever. thanks in advance 😃

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.